how to make it ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make it ...

how to make it ...warm enough with just a electric lamp ?
    i mean how it should be placed what power it should be how far from spider and it should be red or anything so it wont disturb my pet with bright light ?
    thx in advance
    Azez

ps.

i just started so dont laugh
    hated by many
    loved by few
    feared by all

the birdeater

For warmth I would use a heat mat placed on the side of your terrarium, rather than a light. I dont use any lights with my tarantulas except from what comes in natualy through the windows.
    If you are going to use a light for heating then I would sugest that the bulb is on the outside of the terrarium and not inside.If you are going to do this though it might be worth while thinking about useing the lamp to heat a cabinet or cupboard rather than one terrarium as it might be a bit of an over kill,when you think of all the heat that is wasted!
    I have heard that red lights dont dissturb tarantulas so much and a low wattage bulb should be enough.
    The main reasons I dont use any additional light sources however are because I find that they dry out the terrariums quickly, and I dont want an even higher electric bill at the end of the year lol

Comment

thank You.
      i will use heat mat instead of any kind of bulbe
      i got one more problem its 3rd week since it ignoring crickets and other food i can even tell that it looks like my T was a bit afraid of them ,
      all the conditions seems to be oke for me. its about 3 years old female
      is that mean shes ill or something?
      hated by many
      loved by few
      feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Originally posted by Azez
        thank You.
        i will use heat mat instead of any kind of bulbe
        i got one more problem its 3rd week since it ignoring crickets and other food i can even tell that it looks like my T was a bit afraid of them ,
        all the conditions seems to be oke for me. its about 3 years old female
        is that mean shes ill or something?
        It could be that your tarantula is in Pre-moult as most tarantulas will go off food for some weeks before and after a moult (this time can vary to a few days to a few months and longer!).What type of tarantula have you got by the way?
        For the mean time I would just offer her a cricket every couple of days and if she doesn´t take it then take the cricket out again.If the abdomen looks to be a ggod size then there is normaly nothing to worry about.

Comment

its B. albopilosum
          well lets return to my problem about temperature
          today i saw on forum that for ground type spiders its not good to use mat or cables to heat it , red bulb (15-25 w)is best solution , what do u think about that?
          hated by many
          loved by few
          feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Originally posted by Azez
            its B. albopilosum
            well lets return to my problem about temperature
            today i saw on forum that for ground type spiders its not good to use mat or cables to heat it , red bulb (15-25 w)is best solution , what do u think about that?
            If the heat mat is on the bottom of the tank and it gets too warm for the tarantula then it has nowhere to go to escape the heat! If its on the side then the tarantula has a side of the terrarium which it can escape to where it may be abit cooler! Not only that if the tarantula decieds to burrow to escape the warmth and you have a heat mat/heating cables on the bottom of the terrarium then it would find the deeper it digs the warmer it gets!
            Because I have a number of tarantulas I don´t use any heating mats/cables or lights and instead just heat the room that they are all in!
            Many people find different ways and have different ideas as to how they keep their tarantulas.I can only say about the ways that I have found to be best for me.Thats not to say all the other people are wrong because if it works by them it can´t be!
            With this in mind try a number of different ways and see for yourself what works best for you

Comment

thx i will try to place it on the side and maybe i will figure something out alone :P thx again

Azez
              hated by many
              loved by few
              feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Heating

Hi,

I recommend you get a copy of "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Schultz & Schultz. I am a beginner and read this book from cover to cover before getting my T's. It is an excellent reference and will answer just about any question you can think of.

I have 4 young T's and use a heatmat under their containers, positioned so that only half of each container is over the mat. That way the T's can easily choose between the warm or cool part, their hideaway being in the cool part. They all seem quite happy with this and have all moulted several times without problems.

CD
                Don't tell the elf!

Comment

thx
                  hated by many
                  loved by few
                  feared by all

the birdeater

Comment

Working...
                  X