Can I sell it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sell it?

Hi All, Sorry i havn't been posting recently...Work has been just silly...Hi Tescos

I have recently “aquired” an un-identified spider...a small black shiny one...Upon further investigation with help from somone from the BAS i have found out it is one of the Australian Funnel webs (probably formidablis)...the question is...can I sell it and if so who to? I got it by accident with a job lot as a freebie...I dont have the relivant licence to keep it so it has to go...what do i do

Regards

Shot8un

Yes - you can (probably)

Hi,
    I think it's highly unlikely that it's an Australian Funnel web, since export of live Australian spiders is illegal - it's unlikely to be this.

However the Spanish Funnel Web (Macrothele calpieana) has been bred in the UK, so it's more likely to be one of those. Although it's in the same family as the Australian (Hexathelidae), the Spainish one doesn't require DWA permits in the UK.

However if you have doubts - be careful!
    Richard

Comment

hi , I agree with Richard it is unlikely to be Australian.

If you are coming to theshow bring it along (securely,just in case) and I am sure Richard or one of us will do the buisness.

See you soon

Ray
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Re: Can I sell it?

Just for reference, here is a couple of photos of Hadronyche formidabilis

Cheers,
        Steve Nunn
        Australian Tarantulas website
        http://www.thedailylink.com/australiantarantulas

Comment

Working...
        X