Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics for Volker and Martin

All acquired this weekend....

Haplopelma given to me as "longipedum" - Soren thinks possibly a dark H.minax, I'm undecided....maybe sp."Vietnam"? though it looks very dark (but what is colour!)

Haplopelma sold as "aureopilosum", this one looks more like longipedum but was apparently collected in Malaysia....are "longipedum" found in Malaysia?

Haplopelma sold as "Dark Form Schmidti" but does not resemble any schmidti I've seen. Large spider, as big as my hand with bright red spinnerets when viewed from behind

Haplopelma juvenile captive bred in Malaysia last year, sold as "longipedum" but I'm not convinced

Have fun!

Wot's in a name?

Hi Leon,

Did you actually get any spiders you do know the proper name of

The Droid
    Don't tell the elf!

Comment

Re: Wot's in a name?

Originally posted by ComedyDroid
      Hi Leon,

Did you actually get any spiders you do know the proper name of

The Droid
      Of course, but getting un id['d or mis id'd stuff is far more interesting

Comment

Hi,

I'm tired to tell every day that it is not possible to give any ID of a tarantula only from a picture. Send a Exuviae or dead specimen to me and you'll receive an ID!

Cheers, Voker
        --------------------------------------
        The only relationship you can have with a tarantula is a deep intellectual one! - Jim Friedman -

Comment

Originally posted by Volker von Wirth
          Hi,

I'm tired to tell every day that it is not possible to give any ID of a tarantula only from a picture. Send a Exuviae or dead specimen to me and you'll receive an ID!

Cheers, Voker
          Volker,

I was not expecting an ID - just wanted to share some pictures with people who might be interested!

I know it is totally impossible to ID a spider by pictures, especially where Haplopelma is concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Lane
            I was not expecting an ID - just wanted to share some pictures with people who might be interested!

I know it is totally impossible to ID a spider by pictures, especially where Haplopelma is concerned
            Hi Leon,

I have to apologize for my rude posting. You're right, there is no sentence where you'd expect any ID from me or Martin! Sorry for that! I had an straining examination trip to Natural History Museum of Berlin together with Andrew Smith and maybe I've lost a bit of my concentration there!
            Nevertheless, I'm still interested in examining Exuviae or dead Specimen of the Birdspiders you've shown above!

With best wishes, Volker
            --------------------------------------
            The only relationship you can have with a tarantula is a deep intellectual one! - Jim Friedman -

Comment

Working...
            X