Aussie Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Rose

I have a small (4 cm legspan) Chilean Rose called Frodo who now spends a lot of time 'sitting' upside down on the ventilated roof of his 12x8x9 cm plastic container. Temp & humidity are right in the centre of the optimum range and he otherwise seems quite happy and feeds when it's offered. I'm not worried but does anyone have any comments on this behaviour
    I'm thinking of renaming him Bruce due to his antipodean preferences
    Don't tell the elf!

Its sounds to me it is too humid i have found that when its to humid for a they normally climb the walls try keeping the humidity at about 50%, hope this helps

Comment

Also they are temperate t's which means they dont like it to hot say bout 70-75 get to know the t learn its body language i know it sounds silly but it works for me

Comment

Hi & thanks for the advice.

He's not doing it anywhere near so much now so I guess whatever it was has either improved or he's got used to it I don't have any heating on my T's now the weather is better so it's only ambient room temp (70's) I put a few drops of water on the substrate every now and again and keep his little water bowl topped up. He's hiding in his house at the moment hopefully gearing up for a moult - he really needs to catch up with the other kids who are seriously outgrowing him
        Don't tell the elf!

Comment

Working...
        X