need good advice pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need good advice pls

im planning on going holiday soon for a week and dont know what to do with my tarantulas...is it ok to leave a few crickets in the tank? there wont be no one around to change the water on a daily basis so is it possible to get around this situation? im only away for a week!

thanks in advance

Preet

I don't know what species you have or what size they are but my advice would be not to leave crickets with them in the tank. The spiders will definitely not starve to death in a week. If your spiders are adult, a small flower pot saucer about 9cm (3½") filled up with water before you go will probably be adequate.

Comment

I agree that it is not preferable to leave crickets in the tank. The main reason is that the cricket ,not the spider , may die and this leads to mite problems. The spiders wont die in a week. Most people feed them about once a week anyway so dont panic. With regards to water, you can either fill the water dishes or do as I do and spray the tank with a light mist before you go. This will be more than adequate to see them through the week.

I often travel and my spiders are fine on my return.

Good luck and dont worry.

Ray Hale (BTS)
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

thank you very much Geoff and Ray Hale!! ill be sure to give em a good spray n leave some water behind just for the record its a goliath spiderling and a usumbara spiderling...

thanks again

Preet

Comment

Working...
        X