Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not quite sure if i should be worried or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not quite sure if i should be worried or not?

we've had our pink toe home since thursday, and we fed her on sunday (cause the guy at the store said they'd just fed her not long ago), but she hasn't budged from the web she made, and hasn't shown an interest in the crickets... in fact, it seems like she's closing her tube in around her closer, and i'm not quite sure what to make of this. I know it's only been a couple of days, but should i be worried that she hasn't shown an interest in the crickets yet? could she be preparing to molt soon? and if so, is there any way i could possibly tell? Thanks!

Hiya it sounds like its in premoult as Avics are avid feeders I wouldent worry I bet soon you will have a bigger better looking spider
    IF by chance it moults and turns into a male ( check for boxing gloves and hooks on legs) personally I would take him back and ask for a replacement as the male will not live long after

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now the thing I'm wondering is, do Avics tend to moult in their web? Cause it seems as though she's bringing in her web closer to her, and she doesn't appear to be coming out any time soon. Don't they have to be on a flat sort of surface to moult? Or mabye she knows what she's doing and I'm just being a paranoid worry-wart.. Sorry, I know I'm acting like an over-protective parent, but I'm new to this whole tarantula thing!

Comment

Yes Avics moult in there webs and if they dont web ( some choose not to ) they will build one to moult in

Comment

Working...
        X