im getting a salmon pink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im getting a salmon pink!

hey all, im getting a salmon pink spiderling in a few days (paying around 6 quid for it?) anyone got info i might need to take on board for the care and feeding of one of these thats out of the ordinary? i understand they grow fast and grow to be very large also?

thanks in advance

Preet

i get confused with common names lol its L parahybana right? slings can be kept in film pots until you believe they have grown out of it, then just keep moving up, i ordered some slings and got some freebies you may have noticed my other post, £6 is quite alot for that it should be about 2cm legspan, i keep mine on Peat moss and there tubs are rather large about 3inches by 3inches, i feed mine micro crickets(black) although i havn't seen them eat yet lmao anyway just put in a little toilet tissue and wet it every morning and night, changing it every other day and they should be fine

Conway Stedham

Comment

yeah thats the scientific name! i usually keep my slings in them cricket containers (without the crickets in em ofcourse :P ) till they grow out of em then move em to a bigger more permanent home. its 1.5cm leg span. thanks for the advice. by the way is feeding slings once maybe twice a week a good idea or would you say frequent meals are more appropriate? would the same rule apply to juvs and sub ads?

thanks for the advice!

Preet

Comment

I got mine 7 months ago at obout 4cm leg span. Now she's 15cm LS and waiting to molt again. That'll be 4 molt in 8 months. When I got her I fed her 2 crickets 3 times a week, now before last molt she ate about 20 roaches from 3-8cm and 1 pinky. This are eating machines and would eat every day if you feed them so often.

Comment

wow thats some growth rate! i cant wait for that then...i have a goliath whos growing really fast too...its going through a moult which will take it a step out of spiderling and into juvenile.

oh and to answer conways questions im buying it from a local pet shop called scales and tails. i should have bought it off someone on here cos travelling costs me enough as it is to get there!

ive never fed pinkies to any of my Ts (cos they aint big enough yet )...how would this be done?

Comment

There is nothing to do except put the pinky in. Since last molt I keep my parahybana in 40x40x30cm terarium. I can put roach at any place in and the next moment she's already eating. She's realy fast for such a large spider. If she doesn't want eat for 3 days I can stop feeding her becouse she is going to molt .
            Gorazd

Comment

thats really good! im really excited now...and even more since my P. Murinus sling just moulted and my 'baby' T. Blondi is gona moult anytime soon! lol this could be a good week...!

thanks again for the advice...its very much appreciated!

Preet

Comment

Working...
              X