My A. Avic. moulted today! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My A. Avic. moulted today! :D

Well we were wondering when it was going to happen, and Rosa finally moulted today. Since this is my first T and my first moult, I'm very excited about it . Now, however, I'm wondering what I should do about her moulted skin... it's at the bottom of her web, and it's in there pretty good.. should I take it out soon? I can't leave it in there forever, right? Or do they do "housecleaning" and take it out of their webs themselves? I'm just wondering, cause I'm really not sure how the heck I'm going to get it out of there if she doesn't move it herself!

And one other question: should I try to feed her soon, or leave her be for a couple of days?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about the skin, you can leave it in there without problems. The spider will eventaully break it up into small peices and maybe even incorporate the peices into its web. The only reason to remove it would be to try to sex it from the skin but this will have to be done before the skin dries out too much. If you want to do this, just use long forceps to retreive the skin making sure not to disturb the spider too much.

I would leave it at least a week before offereing food (longer maybe if the spider is older) just give its surrounding web a light spraying with water as they are thirsty after moulting.
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Working...
    X