Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chile rose

hi there

i have got a chile rose(NS) but the temperature with the heat mat is normally around 90'F and without the heat mat it is 80'F.
    we currently have the heat mat off.
    the t seems to be moving earth from within it hidey hole and also goes a quick walk around the tank and up the side of the vivarium with its spinners out.

should i worry about the temperature (80) or should i leave it

mmw123

Chile rose

To be honest you don't really need to heat a Chile Rose's tank with the weather we've currently got. 80-90F sounds too hot to me, 70-75F would be better. 90F is getting dangerous for T's.

If you're at all worried - get a thermostat and set it to about about 25C, that'll put your mind at rest I've got my spider cabinet set at (26C day, 22C night), so at the moment it only really comes on during the early hours of the morning.

Richard

Comment

80F OK.

80F is OK for tarantulas, so don't worry too much. Just make sure it has access to drinking water.

Comment

THANKS richard

Comment

i have a chille rose and he walks up the side of the tank quite often. sometimes it can be too hot in the tank, or sometimes he just fancies a wander. I only put theheat mat on when the weather is cold. room temp is normally fine for them. he also goes off his food for periods of time they can be a bit random at times so I wouldnt be worried about the walking up the tank

Comment

Working...
          X