Showing off the new bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing off the new bunch

I got a total of 11 new additions at the show yesterday. Managed to get pics of most of them today so here they are.

Starting with the smallest...

H. maculata sling from Mary. This is the best pic I could get as it's way too fast for me, lol.

Next biggest was a P. irminia also from Mary, but no pics of that, because it has hidden itself away. Trust me when I say it's sickeningly cute.

A. geniculata, the result of "Hmm, I've got £10 left, would be a shame to go home from here without an empty wallet."

5x 2.5cm P. regalis. My first attempt at a communal setup. Soooo happy about it

3cm Bonnetina rudloffi. My housemate bought me this as a mystery gift (so I've named it Myst) and I totally sucked at working it out so he had to tell me in the end, lol. Really sweet, I have never seen this genus before so I am really chuffed with it.

7cm G. pulchra, I named her Doodle because she is a smaller version of my other pulchra who's called Sketch. I had to get her as she was only £15 and I hardly ever see pulchra available. And having had a good look ventrally I am positive it's a girl so I'm really pleased about that! (I know vent sexing generally isn't 100% but she is really clear and I'm practised with Grammys so on this occasion it's at least 99%)

And finally, 11cm G. aureostriata female, called Brian. I finally got my male a girlfriend! She is so sweet and absolutely gorgeous, I am so happy to have a female of this species.

Yay for the BTS show, hehe.

those last 2 pics are stunning! that last one in particlua. so cute! lol. and thats coming from a bloke! lol

Comment

Nice pick ups. Lemme know if the rudloffi turns out male. I have a female and my boy decided to give up the ghost before maturing!!

Comment

Thanks. I really like the last one too, I love how she is peeking out from between her knees, it makes her look all shy, haha. I've saved a really high-res version of that one and I think I'm going to get it printed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla McInnes View Post
          Nice pick ups. Lemme know if the rudloffi turns out male. I have a female and my boy decided to give up the ghost before maturing!!
          Will do. Do you have any idea how quick these guys grow? I'm guessing it's slow, about Brachy speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Arbon View Post
            Thanks. I really like the last one too, I love how she is peeking out from between her knees, it makes her look all shy, haha. I've saved a really high-res version of that one and I think I'm going to get it printed off.

i think if i had that spider + and picture id get it printed off too. its stunning

Comment

Originally posted by jason holland View Post
              those last 2 pics are stunning! that last one in particlua. so cute! lol. and thats coming from a bloke! lol
              I have one of those chacos, theyre brilliant spiders. So good looking and look amazing post molt. Get scary big but seem quite tame to me, although the fangs are gigantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Arbon View Post
                Will do. Do you have any idea how quick these guys grow? I'm guessing it's slow, about Brachy speed?
                Not quite as bad but not super fast! They are a small species though!

Comment

Lovely additions Kate. Congrats

Just got 2 A.Geniculata myself
                  Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

They are all beautiful Kate
                    Proud owner of 48 Tarantulas and other pets.

Comment

Working...
                    X