Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aussie species

Hi all,
    I found this little beauty the other day and mistook it for Selenotypus plumipes, I was tired and didn't have a close look. Luckily I sent the first specimen to Steve Nunn as he had lost his plumipes earlier in the year and he promptly rang me to see if I had looked at it properly as it was not plumipes.
    It has shorter leg segments and the abdomen does not taper as much and lacks the dense setation around the spinnerets. Steve believes it is the missing link between plumipes and "Nebo". I am yet to speak with Dr Raven about it to confirm it is new and not one he has seen yet. Any way enough chatter time for pics.

and for comparrison true plumipes

Cheers
    Brendan

Excellent Brendan, you're becoming a dab hand at this exploring / discovering / taxonomy business eh
    You can see how it can be mistaken for the plumipes, very similar to each other.

As always mate, please keep us up to date with all the latest information.
    Do we have an update on the rattlesnake T in the pipe lines ??

Thanks for this

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi Colin
      Thanks part of the reason i want to speak with Rob is that I would like to have a go at the description for this one if it is new.
      As for the Rattlesnake T all I will say is that Rob knew about that one and I spoke with him about it when we were in the Northern Territory. Hopefully his work will be out soon and we can finally sort some of the confusion out with the T's downunder.

Comment

nice pics. congrats on (hopefully) an new species

Comment

beautifull species brendan

Comment

Working...
          X