Help Identifying this Tarantula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying this Tarantula

Hello, This is my first post and will prob be a hard one for anyone to answer as I know its hard from just pics and especially hard from the ones Ive got lol.

Anyways I hope some one can help me out. I had this T for about 12 years but unfortunatly she died before xmas last year. I got her from a pet shop that Im 99% positive told me it was a giant Columbian bird eater.

Now Ive look at pics of these on the net and none seem to look like mine.
    She was velvet Black when moulted but at different angles of light seemed a deep purple colour and some times even looked dark brown. She was large too at least 8" legspan and pretty aggressive.

Here are the pics, One of the spider itself and one of its skin, Unfortunatly the box it was kept in got dropped and broke off parts of the legs
    The legs look in the pics as they have white in them but they dont. She was all black.

My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Looking at the scopulae on the rear legs, I'd guess Xenesthis sp., but which one is anyone's guess! Can you post better pics of the rear legs on the moult?
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Ill try and get some better pics, I just wish Id took more when she was alive, The one I have most are of her on soil and she didnt show up very well on that being black.

Ill try n dig some out.

Cheers
      My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

Working...
      X