random shot of my big lady feasting on a locust

Nice spider! Cant wait for mine too grow up
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Nice spider and nice burrow too by the looks of it

My Collection:

Comment

Beast Minax m8,

I love the Haplopelma Genus. I hope one day to collect as many of them as I can. Here is my H. Lividum female and H. Lividum DCF juvie (post moult).

Michael.
        Attached Files
        2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

thanks all, she certainly is a nice big robust spider , she does have a nice deep burrow too phil

Comment

This photo looks very similar to Ornithoctonus aureotibialis - are you sure it's a H. minax? I only question it because I thought H. minax had a almost completely black abdomen. I think I have one of each species, but am coming across many photos of H. minax with either black or brown abdomens. Does H. minax have two different colour forms, or is it a case of mistaken identity?

I need clarification myself!

Comment

she is a minax , she was in pre moult when i took that photo hence the brownish colouration , she has moulted since and got her lovely velvety jet black colours now

Comment

I'll tell you what Andy, just come and pick up my Haplopelma sp "thingamy" and teach it how to burrow mate.

New photo's of your spider post moult would be nice matey
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

bring it along to newark colin ( if your going) and i will teach it how to burrow for you , i will try and get a photo of her post moult she is a bit of a pet hole though

Comment

best photos i could get without making her bolt bown her burrow

Comment

Comment

very nice Andy!
                        that last pic looks like she's thinking no one will ever find her there! bless

good luck with that Haplopelma sp "Thingamy" Colin hope you ID it one day!
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thanks james, i thought she was going to bolt down her burrow when i lifted the lid up, (she usually does) but she stayed long enough so i could get a couple of photos

Comment

Working...
                          X