Egg Sac #4 in 4 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Sac #4 in 4 weeks

My A. versicolor is now clutching a sac. This is sac #4.

#1 Tapinauchenius violaceus
    #2 Psalmopoeus irminia
    #3 Heteroscodra maculata

As a novice to all of this, I more excited than words can describe. All of my mated ladies are in a private room which is kept 25C at 60-65% humidity and without light, except when I intrude. I have been misting their enclosures through ventilation holes. I continue to feed those ladies without sacs. Do any of you continue to feed those WITH sacs?
    Thanks for your help.
    Di

congrats

Hi Diane,

Nice to see you on this side of the pond. Congrats on all that breeding success. Are you going to write up any articles for ATS or BTS? You should!

And thanks again for the vericolors. They're doing great.
    Payton MacDonald
    composer, percussionist, college professor, tarantula enthusiast

Comment

Congrats Diane, articles are great, write one up for BTS....
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Thanks for the congrats. Nothing much to write-up. All successes (currently 7 sacs) are of commonly bred species, but it has been fun. Mary, I haven't the slightest clue how you take care of of all of the spiderlings you have helped bring into the world in 2008.

Payton, I'm glad you are enjoying your little bundles of blue. They are the only spiderlings that my husband is fond of.

Merry Christmas to all!
        Di

Comment

Hi Diane, sometimes it's a bit fraught I tell you, specially when they are all ours (our male). It takes careful planning as I work part time, the feeding of them is down to me as Trev NEVER helps, only puts them together, I can't, spiders scare me.

But then, Lee takes all I can throw at him bless him. Plus I give some away to friends, as they will testify lol.
          Last edited by mary walters; 24-12-08, 06:12 PM. Reason: added a bit
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Congratulations Diane

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeDFisher View Post
              Thanks for the congrats. Nothing much to write-up. All successes (currently 7 sacs) are of commonly bred species, but it has been fun. Mary, I haven't the slightest clue how you take care of of all of the spiderlings you have helped bring into the world in 2008.

Payton, I'm glad you are enjoying your little bundles of blue. They are the only spiderlings that my husband is fond of.

Merry Christmas to all!
              Di
              Actually, I think write ups of any species are valuable, so long as it's detailed and articulate. We need all the information we can get in this hobby!

Hope your holidays are great,
              Payton
              Payton MacDonald
              composer, percussionist, college professor, tarantula enthusiast

Comment

Working...
              X