Not spiders but i had to post these !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not spiders but i had to post these !

We had a nice little surprise today , I checked the incubator today too see how the Chinese Water Dragon eggs were doing and found we have had 4 hatch so far. We are expecting another 5 to hatch in the next 24/48 hours and we also have another clutch of 9 due too hatch after Christmas. Here are some pictures:

Last edited by Matthew Baines; 18-10-08, 09:07 PM.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Spiders they may not be, but i think the thread could stay because of the "success" factor.

Brillient result Matt & Lisa...congratulations
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

cheers colin.

We were expecting these at the latest around the middle of november, their incubation anywhere between 65-90 days depending on conditions.

It was lucky we had just enough substrate and tank decorations as well as a light tube for them.
      Matt's dad gave us a 3foot tank earlier in the week as well, just shows you things happen for a reason! Without that tank we would have been stuffed!

Speaking of Matts dad.... he got another tarantula this week, I think we have another mass tarantula keeper emerging lol!

Comment

oh cool. they look awesome!. i gotta get me a lizard some day

Comment

Another 2 had hatched this morning

Comment

Good stuff Matt, lets hope they all make it out eh?

So....The little Leeds show has a lot to answer for then.......Your Dad's hooked (again). What did he get this time?

Lisa, i'll put some piccies up of some nice little scorps i picked up at the AES later this afto

Comment

He seems too be hooked yes. He has got his eyes on a P. Pulcher and a B . Klassi , he got a p . murinus juvenile (RCF) the other day and seems to be very happy with it. Plus we have all the housing he will ever need as i have just told the local sweet shop too save me all there jars and it wont cost me anything and i will be getting 8 a week +/- . You cant beat being cheeky , plus i think i have scared the locals too.

Comment

Those large sweet jars are brilliant for arboreal and burrowing spiders in my opinion. (plus obviously mantids and phasmids)
                I know one lad that keeps fish in them...the possibilities are endless!!
                They are so easy to work with, ventilation is easy to do with a soldering iron and theyre quite secure with having a screw on lid.

Comment

Indeed they are Colin plus i feel like i am doing my bit for the environment by recycling . If you want any let me know. I don't think i will need them all yet and i have a good steady supply .
                  Last edited by Matthew Baines; 19-10-08, 11:07 AM.

Comment

they came in useful last night to bang the baby lizards in while we sorted out the tank.

Looking forward to pictures colin. no doubt i will be jealous! Roll on newark in december

Comment

awww... they're so cute congrats - hope the others hatch out ok

Comment

Fantastic news, I'm so jealous
                        We lost our male earlier in the year, he had become a family favourite and a great attraction at our Essex meet in March. We were preparing a basking branch for him with UV lighting outside his enclosure because the weeping fig couldn't take his weight any more. He loved being out with us, was definitely a very sad loss.
                        Great news to hear you have so much success - did you have numerous breedings?
                        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Im after another female to retire my little lady but yes it's a lizard I regularly breed.

Anyone interested in buying one by all means PM me, they will be ready to go mid april
                          (6 month old and fighting fit )

Comment

Our male Grizwald is a fantastic beast and we get folk wanting too borrow him too breed off with him being a monster.

He is just short of 3 feet long

Comment

#7 has just hatched and #8 has pierced the shell and you can see its little nose!

So it looks like we have had 8/9 on the clutch which is pretty good going

Comment

Working...
                              X