Avicularia fasiculata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia fasiculata

I recently had to rehouse this we spid so took some pics at the same time , this is the bigger one in my collection , probably 6 or 7cm legspan

( Ray this is the 1st one i got from you and also the one you took home from Newark to get pics of)

Kev

They're very nice spiders Kev, good photography as usual.

Wonder how long they'll stay in the Avicularia genus,.... a shift to Iridopelma maybe ???
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Colin , i dont really know to be honest , i would say having kept both that they seem more Avicularia the Iridopelma , bt that dont mean alot lol

Comment

Beautiful, I'm very lucky to have one, care of Colin.
        How many do you have?
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Doubt they'll be Iridopelma Colin, as males of Iridopelma sp. have 2 sets of tibial hooks, and the males of fasciculata don't

Lovely Kev. I got 2 of these beauties... want some more though

Comment

I love the blue sheen coming through on the pictures. very beautiful
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Norris View Post
              Doubt they'll be Iridopelma Colin, as males of Iridopelma sp. have 2 sets of tibial hooks, and the males of fasciculata don't
              Ahh....... the ever controversial taxonomic issue of Tibial spurs

I've had this debate with many a person, tibial spurs cannot really be regarded as a means of placing a spider in a particular genus or Theraphosa blondi, Augacephalus junodi and Nhandu carapoensis would have been placed elsewhere as they have none and the rest of each genus have them present.

Can 'o' worms time eh??
              Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 08-11-08, 04:35 PM.
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Great pics and a really nice looking T, Love the colours
                My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

thanks all for your comments can 'o' worms it seems to be colin

ive take several more photos of my smaller ones lately ,but until i get my own computer back i can upload them from the camera

Kev

Comment

Working...
                  X