Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Xmas pressie for the OH

His first T, a very pretty little GBB sling

It came yesterday and I put it a temporary home so he could set up its proper home his self and within a few minutes it came out the film pot it came in and climbed on top of the plantpot, its sat there ever since webbing happily away!
    I know they are supposed to be on display a lot and web loads but I didn't think it would be like that immediately!

Here is a picture he took of it:

Hi Gayle, nice buy. They're great webbers. I've got one of these slings and it's made a huge hammock which it sits in. It's always out on display and is a big eater. I have to put her on a diet everynow and then, lol! They grow reasonably fast too. Mine has more than doubled in size in 3 moults.
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

What a little beauty! i have one of these too, still under an inch though.

You know when it is about to shed because it stops eating... about the only thing that makes it stop eating hahaha! And what a hammock they make! When the hammock looks like a thick tog winter duvet expect an exuvium in the morning lol!

Fantastic little fella's! congrats on his new addition

Comment

ahhh! looking so cute, I'm missing it already LOL
        glad its settled in, as Lisa says they just keep eating, and will attack their food items straight away. I find if they shy away from food its definitely a signal that a moult is coming.
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

We've just got one of these too. Within a few minutes it disappeared under its peat pot hide and webbed the entrance up.

It's sitting at the entrance now looking out- it's soo cute!
          Bitten by the bug!

My Collection: - Educate, research, breed, enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
            I find if they shy away from food its definitely a signal that a moult is coming.
            Not even managed to feed it yet, at 8.30 this morning it was sitting there quit the thing.
            At 10.30 this morning its flipped onto its back!

Just hoping it holds off from actually moulting til Ed gets in from work so he can see the moult as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Gayle E. Anderson View Post
              Not even managed to feed it yet, at 8.30 this morning it was sitting there quit the thing.
              At 10.30 this morning its flipped onto its back!

Just hoping it holds off from actually moulting til Ed gets in from work so he can see the moult as well!
              Gayle, accept my apologies, I thought I'd given you one that had already moulted, sorry (I remember swapping one because after selecting it I found it to be eating a hidden cricket). The good news is it will be bigger and shiney new once it moults.
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Apology not accepted, this is the first moult I have ever witnessed, and it did it in full view, it was amazing!

Comment

Glad the moult went well. They look amazing after a day or so once the skin has hardened up. It'll soon start raiding your cupboards for something to eat, lol! Mine is very greedy and will take on a cricket no matter what size it is. Mine is quite aggressive and attacks dops of water as if they were crickets! She's in premoult just now so hopefully her adult colours will start to come through now as she's getting quite big.
                  www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

Aye they do look fantastic when they have just shed, so metallic
                    I think mine is managing to catch crickets before they hit the substrate. It seems to have already twigged on when feeding day is lol! It sits there looking at you... waiting... waiting.... waiting.... CHOMP!
                    love it to bits

Comment

Working...
                    X