Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos

Edit: photo removed
    Last edited by Gavin Choo; 19-02-09, 02:28 PM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arachnophark

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
    Broken your servant I kneel

nice pics, your braver than me having that centipede on your hand, haven't they got a nasty and dangerous bite?
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Gavin, as usual your pics are great!
      two things, though...firstly, don't be offended when this gets moved to the "Pics" section of the forum, which by the way is a great place to browse
      secondly, handling pics are not allowed on this forum, not to criticise any keepers for it, but just because the BTS can't be having people come to them saying "my child held a spider and got bitten and is seriously ill, because they saw a picture on your site of someone holding a spider."
      obviously it's their fault, they should have watched their kids (we've had a few debates on here about this issue, you see!) but, the BTS has an office, and they get enough pointless grief from ignorant types without people accusing them of getting their child bitten, in that example.
      so the pic will probably be removed, but again, it's nothing personal, don't be offended
      i'm sure you can treat us with more lovely centipede pics anyway, your photography is great!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by matthew spooner View Post
        nice pics, your braver than me having that centipede on your hand, haven't they got a nasty and dangerous bite?
        For this species (Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans), not really. Having said that, I'm not known to have much common sense.

Originally posted by James Box View Post
        Gavin, as usual your pics are great!
        two things, though...firstly, don't be offended when this gets moved to the "Pics" section of the forum, which by the way is a great place to browse
        secondly, handling pics are not allowed on this forum, not to criticise any keepers for it, but just because the BTS can't be having people come to them saying "my child held a spider and got bitten and is seriously ill, because they saw a picture on your site of someone holding a spider."
        obviously it's their fault, they should have watched their kids (we've had a few debates on here about this issue, you see!) but, the BTS has an office, and they get enough pointless grief from ignorant types without people accusing them of getting their child bitten, in that example.
        so the pic will probably be removed, but again, it's nothing personal, don't be offended
        i'm sure you can treat us with more lovely centipede pics anyway, your photography is great!
        Thanks! I might as well take it down now to save the mods some time. By the way, how come I'm not seeing much of you on AP anymore?

Comment

they do say that common sense isn't actually all that common
          lovely pedes, anyway. i want to get more one day.
          can't really get into the AP thing on here sorry!

what is the spider, is it the same you were posting about before, Phlogiellus irmenis?
          i'll be looking for some like these at the next BTS show
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
            they do say that common sense isn't actually all that common
            lovely pedes, anyway. i want to get more one day.
            can't really get into the AP thing on here sorry!

what is the spider, is it the same you were posting about before, Phlogiellus irmenis?
            i'll be looking for some like these at the next BTS show
            Yep, Phlogiellus inermis. I highly doubt you'll find them for sale anywhere though, if my suspicion that this species is endemic to Singapore is correct.

Comment

oh well, i can dream
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X