My new Orange baboon!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Orange baboon!! :)

Just thought i would show you all my new P.murinus that i purchased the other day.

Its a female and about 3" legspan. had her for 2 weeks now and surprisingly she has not shown any signs of agression at all! i think i may be lucky to have a tame one!! i think she is a beautifull colour , the patterns look amazing!

I have moved her into a smaller enclosure for now as i soon realised im going to need an all perspex tub as in the enclosure in them pics she wanted to web up on the roof!

I can certainly see how you need a lil bit of experience tho with these. They dont do as there told like b.smithis and chile rose and like walking upside down! lol.

hope you all like

nice

That is a gorgeous T you have there buddy, how much did you get her for? If you dont mind saying-looks bigger than 3" from pix

Comment

they are very beautiful looking tarantula's, lovely markings.

congrats on the new addition
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks peeps! yea it may possibly be bigger than that, but tbh no way am i getting her out to measure lol. I was pooping myself just moving her from her purchase box to the enclosure after all the horror stories i heard about these species!! lol But i dont think she is fully grown, judging by some of the pics i have seen on google.

She is eating well tho from day 1 ! she eats a cricket every other day, im surprised on how fast they adapt to there new enviroment. she has a nice web in there now too :P

I got her for £25 which i think is a bargin.

The shop also has a fully grown female redknee, its prob the biggest one i have ever seen, they want £95 for it but have offered it to me for £65 as i purchased a T from there before and it died. I am soo tempted!

Do these baboons become more agressive once they have settled in? as like i mentioned, mine seems very tame, she does not seem phased at all by anything! even when i was trying to get her into her new enclosure, she was clinging onto the walls like she was glued to it, and she didnt even care when i was trying to pull her off!!

Comment

I think the trick is not to become complacent. I was the same as yourself when housing and wondered what all the fuss was about as neither showed aggression or seemed to be phased by the exercise. Even spot cleaning hasnt invoked a reaction but I'm always very wary and give them plenty of respect. Someone I know was bitten by a juv last year and it resulted in 3 days in hospital.
          The most aggression Ive seen from having nearly 20 was packaging one of 5 up to post. It tried to strike me over 5 times. They seem highly defensive of their enclosure which I use to my advantage. I've actually picked up with tweezers a lump of substrate with webbing attached and an OBT attached to that. It ran around the lump but wouldn't leave it and I deposited this into its new tub.

I don't think their aggression increases, infact some have suggested in the course of time we've been keeping and breeding these that the aggression has diminished, but with such fast reactions and potent venom it doesn't have to prove itself!

I have 2 females which I've recently mated, both large girls and both showing arboreal tendencies for a couple of days whilst in the breeders tank. They are now back to their arboreal enclosures, borrowing and webbing and looking hungry.

As a shop price I think that's pretty good for an OBT although you can often pick up adults for £20 online.
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I have one too.....but hardly ever see her as she has made a web cone in the corner of the tank and never seems to come out...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X