A.Geniculata spermathecae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.Geniculata spermathecae

Here are pics of my 2 female A.Genics spermathecae. The spids were about 2.5" when they moulted, and are about 14 months old. The spermathecae are very small.

Moult 1

Moult 2

Am waiting on the 3rd A.Genic to moult now, from the same sac.
    Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

How big do T's have to be in order to determine their sex? A reptile shop near me has this same species and it's around 3", when I asked if they knew the sex they said "we think it's probably a female." "Probably" ain't good enough determination for me haha...especially when they're asking 50 notes for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Moore View Post
      How big do T's have to be in order to determine their sex? A reptile shop near me has this same species and it's around 3", when I asked if they knew the sex they said "we think it's probably a female." "Probably" ain't good enough determination for me haha...especially when they're asking 50 notes for it.
      It depends on the species, but much much earlier than 3". You have to examine a moult though.

My Collection:

Comment

The owner also advised that with the younger tarantulas that the moult has to be fresh off the T in order to determine sex, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Moore View Post
          The owner also advised that with the younger tarantulas that the moult has to be fresh off the T in order to determine sex, is that true?
          No, it's utter tosh

Does he think that the spiders's developing sexual organs evaporate over time or something?

As long as the relevant bits are still present and intact, then the age of the moult shouldn't be an issue.

Nice pictures by the way Leanne
          Last edited by Phil Rea; 27-04-09, 09:28 AM.

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
            No, it's utter tosh
            Lovely phrase and captures the mood nicely...

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
            Nice pictures by the way Leanne
            I agree, nicely taken.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks Phil haha...I had a gut feeling. What I'm thinking is that he does know the sex (ie male) and is trying to give it to me at an inflated price.

Comment

Thanks Phil and Colin
                Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

Working...
                X