My first Tarantula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Tarantula

This is my new pet, a female G. Rosea - I'm told she is around a year old. I named her Cherokee.

Beautiful Sarah, great name for her too.
    I look forward to seeing more pics from you.

Comment

size

these are slow growers so id have thought she was older than a year, stunning thou

Comment

Well, being a complete amateur, I'll listen to you - I don't think the shop I got her from are experts, although they know more than me. Her body measures about 2.5 inches from fangs to the end of her rump.

Anyway, she seems to have settled into her new home very well. Not long after arrival yesterday she dived face first into the water dish and drank for quite a while and she's feasting on a big juicy grasshopper at this moment. I dropped one in quite near her, it moved and bumped into her leg and she pounced straight away. She doesn't pace about or climb the walls, but either disappears in her cave or sits in a dark corner behind it, so I guess she must be reasonably happy.

I love her to bits already - I know I shall be buying more T's in the future.

Comment

She's a stunner...about the same size body length as my G. rosea (Roxy) and I was told she's about 3yrs old...!!! Mine tends to hang out at the heat mat...but it is a bit chilly at the mo...!! I love mine to bits too...!!!

Cool name btw...!
          Last edited by Denny Teasdale; 21-02-10, 06:31 PM. Reason: Bit added
          Cheers

Denny

Re-formed arachnophobic since Dec '09

Comment

Nice red phase rosea. They're seen very few times.

With 2.5 inches in bodylenght, she's adult, so she's around 6 years old, depending on temperature, etc (that affect to growing), or older, if she's reach maximum size.

Greetings.
            I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
            Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
            I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser's gate.
            All those moments will be lost in time,
            like tears in the rain...

Visit http://forotarantulas.mforos.com/ the best spanish tarantula forum

We're also in facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forota...s/177003579481

Comment

Here are another couple of pics of Cherokee. I took the lid off her tank to refresh the water and she climbed up in one corner and stepped out onto my hand as if she were just off for a stroll.

Images removed to follow rule 10 of the rules and regulations of the forum, which state.....

(10) Photographs and gallery images; please refrain from posting images of handling this only encourages such activities and there a lot of younger patrons on this forum that may influenced by such images and may attempt handling unnecessarily and as a result injure the tarantula or themselves.

Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 04-03-10, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Wow, Cherokee is a beautiful. Congrats on your frist tarantula! Glad to here she's settled in! That's nice she climbed on to your hand; I wish my T's would take more notice of me sometimes lol

Comment

Sarah she is a stunner and i love the name it suits her perfectly

Comment

Working...
                  X