• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!, My collection.

Hello everyone,
    New here to BTS.
    Heres a few pictures of my Tarantulas
    I have four at the moment, my first was a rescue chilean rose i got back in May(bit more on this further down), and the other three i got just last week.
    Chaco Golden Knee

White Stripe Birdeater

Mexican Red Knee

Heres the Chilean Rose i got back in May, as i mentioned she is a rescue from a petshop and it's quite clear why she is..

Hope these grow back! people on different forums said they will through molting but she hasn't molted for me yet, any ideas?
    Joe.
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 24-08-10, 08:48 AM. Reason: Removed Handling image as per BTS rule 10

Hello there! Welcome to the forum! Nice looking T's you have there, and wow your brazilian white stripe looks very docile!!

All the best wishes for your Chilean rose !!

Comment

Thank you!
      They're the best lol, she is very docile if i need/want to handle her shes fine with it!
      Thanks i hope she regrows a leg...make her more of a spider

Comment

Don't worry . As from the next moult it will have 8 legs again . Even if the regenerated ones will be smaller it will get better at every moult .
        Never look back , the past is a wilderness of horrors !

Comment

Thanks Pablo,
          I got her back in May and still no molt any ideas ?

Comment

Don't worry G rosea are very slow in growing . So yes it may take a while before she moults . They also have an anoying habbit of refusing food for several weeks. A good indication for an upcoming moult is a very darkish abdomen . You will see the difference in color when it gets so far
            Never look back , the past is a wilderness of horrors !

Comment

Thanks Pablo
              Yeah shes on and off food like a yo-yo !

Comment

I bought a Bonnetina cyaneifemur which had two missing back legs and one palp she was sub/adult and moulted 15/10/09 then again 9/1/10 which caught me out as she is 4"+ so was expecting maybe once a year moulting but since found out if they lose limbs they do moult in shorter time.

She is now a perfect spider who's named "Peggy" for obvious reasons.

Maybe your Grammostola rosea sees no reason to moult just yet as she is being cared for so well

Think you may lose the handling pix as there is a no handling policey on the BTS. Its a nice spider though not something I would try with any of my black & white striped legs.

Chris.

Comment

Well the Chilean rose molted!
                  Two brand new legs came along with it!

So happy, shes the first spider i have witnessed molting!

Comment

Thats great news she looks a little stunner

Chris.

Comment

Thanks Christopher
                      I acquired two new Spiderlings since my last visit. An L.Parahybana (Salmon pink) and a B.Albiceps (Mexican golden red rump)
                      These are extremely small, especially the Salmon pink hes a little yellowy dot at the moment and started burrowing when i moved his vial for the camera. It was hard to photograph them but i think i did OK...
                      Salmon pink

Mexican golden red rump

Thanks for looking,
                      Joe.

Comment

Working...
                      X