• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification…. Please help.

Hello all,

I have a few spiders which i have brought without a name. I believe I
    have pin-pointed three of them but there is one that I am having
    problems with.

I think this is a Brachypelma Boehmei. What do you think?

I think this is a Brachypelma Emilia. What do you think?

I think this is a Aphonopelma Bicoloratum. What do you think?

I'm stuck on this one. It has the same dorsel v-shape as my Emila but
    not the same legs. I think this might be a Boehmei. What do you think?

Hope somebody can help,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

I agree with the first two species.

However the last one is definetely a hybrid Brachypelma of some sort She'll make a nice pet, but please do not try to breed from her.

I'm sure some Brachy-fans will be able to add more detail.
    Cheers,
    Richard

Comment

first two i agree with. the third i would say is most likely boehmei, possibly male,( going only by the leg proportions here) . the last one is not a reconizable species, so as richard said hybrid, please do not attemt to breed it.
      marie
      Brachypelma.co.uk

Comment

I know you can't 100% id a spider from a pic, but here is a picture of Brachypelma boehmei and Aphonopelma bicoloratum side by side to make it easier to compare them.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for all your help. A HYBRID !!!!!!!! didn't know you could get these. I wont mate this one, don't worry. Is it possible that Hybrids come from the wild as well. If so, It must be a nightmare trying to identify them.

I still think the third picture is a Aphonopelma Bicoloratum. What does everybody else think. It doesnt have a dark (vee-shape) on the top that the boehmei has.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Comment

it might be best to wait for it to moult so the colours and markings are more vivid, out of interest was it bought from the same person that you bought pic number 4 from?

Comment

Hello,

No, picture three's spider was purchased at a shop. The fourth spider was purchaced from a stall at the BTS show this year. There was two french guys in the smaller hall that sold it to me.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Comment

I dunno what it def is but my AF bicoloratum is is only about 3/3.5" Leg span but my B. bohemei is about 4" and not fully grown. This is probably a rubbish way of finding out but may give you some idea.

Comment

not bicoloratum the carapace is all wrong

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

But it doesnt have any of the darkening of the boehmei.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla Mc
                      But it doesnt have any of the darkening of the boehmei.
                      still carapace shape is not right for bicolouratum. as stated possible a hybrid

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

G wright, do you mean that the third picture is not a bicolor. If so, what is it about the shape that is not right? Thanks for the attention.

Comment

the carapace on aphonopelma bicoloratum is more humped in shape, where as boehmei is flatter. as far as colouration is concerned, boehmei juveniles dont always show the darkened area until quite large.
                          marie
                          Brachypelma.co.uk

Comment

hybrid is smimilia: smithi x emilia

Comment

If this is a Hybrid, which I'm sure it is because i trust your judgement, Why would anyone do this.

Do you think it is done on purpose, if so is it to get a rare spider?

Comment

Working...
                              X