Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanna-Maija's picture thread

Hi everyone,

here's a few pics of our pride and joy, Acanthoscurria geniculata called Esa. I'm still trying to figure out the best camera and lighting settings, so please bear with me. All tips are greatly appreciated! I'm using both a Canon D60 and a D550 with a 18-50 mm F2.8 lens.

She was just recently rehoused, thus she took a few tours around the place and also up above scout out her new home, but has now settled to more terrestrial pursuits.

Esa's crucial measurements are approx 5 cm BL and 8-10 cm LS.

Before rehousing

Hanging around in the new home

This is home

A bite to eat

Nice pictures but you should change the substrate, they cant burrow or dig in woodchips.

Comment

Thank you Jens!

As for the substrate, only the very top layer is coco husk, with nice three inches of peat underneath. Recently she's been a proper excavator and dug a deep burrow all the way to the bottom. Not that she bothers to really spend any time hidden away.

Comment

Ok, thats nice, did not see the peat layer so i assumed you only had husk in there =)

Comment

No worries

Hope you guys don't mind that this thread is pretty much on the theme of "Esa from all angles", as she's the only model I have to practice on...

Legs on the dish

Comment

The resident bulldozer

Comment

Working...
            X