Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New additions and couple of T's i've had since slings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New additions and couple of T's i've had since slings.

Here we have my 2 year old Grammostola Rosea. 1 year old Grammostola Pulchra (shes a beauty). And my new slings... Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Avicularia versicolor, Brachypelma auratum, and Brachypelma smithi.
    The Avicularia are just gorgeous as slings. My wife calls them 'little Christmas trees.'

Attached Files
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 03-05-11, 07:15 AM. Reason: removed handling picture as per BTS rule 10
    David Attenborough:
    ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Iv got a couple more slings being delivered 2moro. Ephebopus uatuman and Heteroscodra maculata. 2 beauties, cant wait!!

Ill pics on as soon as they arrive
    David Attenborough:
    ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

Cobalt Blue AF

Some pics of my baby
      Attached Files
      David Attenborough:

Comment

Aw, the slings are lovely I particularly like the "Little Christmas Trees" I have a few of them knocking about - and now I can only think of Christmas Trees when I see them LOL.
        The H. lividum is a stunner. Very nice.
        Visit my spiders at http://www.silkspinners.co.uk

Comment

P. Ornata Juvi

Here's my gorgeous P. Ornata hunting for cricks at night.

She is always active at night, and will make a quick retreat to her webbed funnel on the underside of the cork bark slab if disturbed.

A pleasure to watch, and extremely fast and accurate hunter.
          Attached Files
          David Attenborough:

Comment

Grammostola rosea & my new Phormictopus cancerides

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-10 13.16.16.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	94150Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-10 13.18.32.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	94149Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-10 13.18.50.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	94148Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-10 13.21.17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	94151Click image for larger version

Name:	TarantulaHaitianBrown06_09G.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	94152

Here's my Chile Rose. unsexed, im waiting eagerly for the next moult to find out. 11cm legspan.
            And my new Haitian Brown. Unsexed. maybe 7cm legspan. Eats like nothing i've ever seen! And is more defensive than my H.lividum! She even attacks water droplets on the viv wall! Amazing to watch. I understand that these are terrestrial/burrowers. Mine has totally blocked the front entrance of the cork bark slab, and actually built a sort of huge cave underneath. Ill add some more pics later. She is constantly at the entrance of the burrow waiting for more food. One of the best T's to own imo.
            David Attenborough:

Comment

New additions today

Juvi Acanthoscurria geniculata and Paraphysa scrofa. Ill get better pics on in a few days once theyv settled in. As you can see the P scrofa went straight to the water dish for a drink as soon as i put him/her in, and stayed there for half and hour..

Name:	2011-07-05 10.56.42.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	94161Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-05 10.50.42.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	94162Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-05 12.14.17.jpg
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	94163Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-05 12.13.09.jpg
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	94164
              Last edited by K Smith; 05-07-11, 05:22 PM.
              David Attenborough:

Comment

Paraphysa scrofa

Name:	2011-07-12 13.11.32.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	94174Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-12 13.07.07.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	94175Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-12 13.07.19.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	94176

Sub adult waiting for moult to sex. Shes a real beautie!
                David Attenborough:

Comment

Some pics of my newly moulted (male) Phormictopus cancerides

Managed to sex him from the moult and im happy to say he's a he! Males of this species have the nicest pink highlights when mature. I think theyr starting to show already slightly...

Name:	2011-07-30 21.21.32.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	94188Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-30 21.22.34.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	94189Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-30 21.23.01.jpg
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	94190
                  David Attenborough:

Comment

Working...
                  X