• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens

Breeding Report
    Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (GBB)

Successful

I bought this young female from Olaf Hopp at the SEAS show January 2012. She was kept at temperatures of around 70'f on the bottom shelf. She moulted on the 28th April 2012.

Pairing
    I managed to get a mature male on a breeding loan from Peter Bowden, a fellow MISC ( Manchester invert and spider club) member. The male was witnessed doing a sperm web on 25th May 2012, He was then placed in a cricket tub overnight within the females enclosure (shark tanked).
    On the night of 26th May 2012, the male was gently released into the higher part of the females enclosure. Within ten minutes he gingerly started shaking all over and began tapping away, whist slowly moving forward towards her. The female seemed very receptive and started tapping in response, a good insert was witnessed after fifteen minutes, a week later the pair were reintroduced, and again I witnessed another successful insert.

Post mating care
    I kept the females enclosure at around 70'-72'f for the next three months. She was fed her usual Dubia roach every two weeks or a large brown cricket once a week. Towards the end of August I noticed her abdomen was getting larger, I then placed her enclosure on the top shelf in the spider room at around 82'f and started wetting the substrata around the water dish. I checked on her twice a week and found an eggsack on the 11th September.

Pulled sack
    11th October 2012, counting around 70 EWL and N2s also around 70 bad eggs (dry/black/clumped together).

Moulted to spiderlings
    1st November 2012, But i had to seperate them immediately as they started to eat the remaining N2s.

Total 52

Last edited by Martin Lees; 04-11-12, 08:10 PM. Reason: Pictures

Congratulations.
    You're getting good at this breeding aint yer.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      Congratulations.
      You're getting good at this breeding aint yer.
      Thanks for the kind words Peter,It,s a lot of research and help off more experienced keepers like yourself that is getting the results for me.And obviously a bit of luck too.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lees View Post
        . . . . .And obviously a bit of luck too.
        Nah, I would say that its a lot of attention to detail and maybe just a tiny smidgeon of luck

Comment

Nice, and well done for the report.
          One day I'll crack this!
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
          X