My newest T's arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest T's arrived today

Here are some photos of what I received today in the post. B. Smithi and A. avicularia and A. versicolor. The B smithi loves to be held. The 2 A's are not too happy though and got quite irritated by my warm hand when it crawled onto me.

They are all gorgeous wee beasties too. I hope you all agree.

I just realised I was not allowed to display my B smithi being handled. My bad? I deleted the offending photos!

Brachypelma smithi Female juvenile

Avicularia versicolour saying I am glad to be out of this box!

Avicularia avicularia from the underside waiting to go into her permanent home but glad to be out of the transport box. Smile for the camera!

Avicularia avicularia in her home...and happy feeding

Avicularia avicularia in her home

Brachypelma smithi at home

Last edited by Graham Jones; 23-06-14, 06:07 PM.
    sigpic

Nice photos . . . except for the last one.

That isnt any sort of substrate to house any species of tarantulas on

Dry peat or topsoil would be a good substrate for the smithi

Comment

Thank you Peter for the comments. As soon as I get the final housings for the B. Smithi she will be moved into a larger home with some dry peat (already sterilised in the microwave!) and I will use these cork granules underneath to allow for some water underneath to keep the humidity up.

I appreciate your kind feedback. Thank you.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi folks, in response to Peter's kind advice I have rehoused my Brachypelma smithi into a more suitable home. Here are some photos to show you.

sigpic

Comment

well nice SB

Comment

Much better

PS. Why is there a brick in the waterbowl ?

A few weeks ago as i was shutting the shed for the night, I noticed a bug of some description in a container of water but i couldnt be bothered to remove it.
            Four days later when i next opened the shed, I remembered the bug and was surprised to see it still alive and moving on the surface of the water.

On closer inspection I saw that it was a spider so I scooped it out with my hand.

SURPRISE SURPRISE !!! It was a P cambridgei sling that was alive and well (didnt even know the AF had been mated and was gravid !!)

It had been on the surface of the water for a MINIMUM of FOUR days . . possibly longer as I usually only check on the shed once or twice a week.

Sort of makes a mockery of people saying that slings can easily drown in tiny water bowls when this sling had been floating in a container of 5-6 inches of water for days

Comment

Working...
            X