Curly Hair Tarantula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly Hair Tarantula

Hi, I am keen to purchase a Curly Hair (Brachypelma....) and would like to know if this species prefers an arboreal vivarium set-up or normal (as per Chilean Rose, Red-Knee etc).
    Any advice would be useful.

Thanks,
    Mark

Sorry! This thread has been edited - Regards Mark BTS Webmaster
    Mark E

Hi Mark

I currently keep 2 Brachypelma albopilosum (Honduras Curly Hair) tarantulas.

You should keep them in a terrestrial setup (normal), I've also been told they like to burrow a little if given the chance but both of mine prefer to use a plant pot as a retreat..

Check my website out www.stoney.nildram.co.uk as there is a care sheet for Brachypelma albopilosum which I hope should help get you started...

Comment

Hi Mark

If buying T's is what you're after, these forums and bulletin boards are the best starting place as the people who use them care!!

Yours rantingly!.....

Kelly

This post has been edited - Regards Mark BTS webmaster

Comment

hi
        the afore mentioned shop has a bad rep i have heard of it and live nowhere it as kelly has said the same as i have heard and also the rspca condone the conditions the animals are kept in because they give all their exotics they get to him steer clear of this place use forum on hear and the tarantula store and the other web pages out there don't put money into a place that does not care for their animals.

Comment

Curly Hair

Hi,
          Thanks for all of your replies. I will not be using the place mentioned as I too am concerned over the animals welfare. Having seen the conditions they keep their Chile Rose, I nearly bought them all to keep them well - but that would just make the owner buy more.
          I will purchase on-line from a recommended site/breeder.

Mark.

Post edited- BTS Webmaster
          Mark E

Comment

Re: some petshop

I agree with everything Kelly has said but another indication of how unscrupulous “people can be” is... I purchased my first spider around 11 years ago. Fortunatly I had read up thoroughly on the subject beforehand, enough in fact to refuse the poclatheria sp he was recomending as a good beginers spider. When I asked if I could handle it He replied “well we do”

enough infomation for you???

Dont go there...Or the other even more lousey shop in stockport called ******...effectionatly known as “Finrot”...theres more dead things in there than Stockport cemetery

Regards

shot8un

Comment

I always bought my crickets from Manc petshop when I lived there, but would never have bought any of their T's. For one, they kept them in the shop window, in broad daylight. Furthermore, as already stated they were nearly all in the wrong set-ups and there were some very sorry looking specimens in there. Places who can't look after their livestock should not be allowed to sell it!

I'd never be able to run a pet shop. The prospective owners of my precious T's would have to sit an entrance exam first to prove they would look after it as well as I did

Comment

hi mark .E
                paul towler hear mate carnt coment on that pet shop as i live near birmingham.but in general pet shops are only intrested in selling for big money.but there aresome take good care of there tarantulas?.
                any way mate have bred curlys last january and still have about 20 left they are about 2.5"to 3" now will let u have them for £5.00 each plus post and pack if intrested.
                yours paul

Comment

hi mark
                  forgot to give my addy paul4tarantulas@msn .com

yours paul.

Comment

this thread

Apologies to all

I have felt it necessary to edit this thread. I know you all had very good intentions with the information you had gave out. Unfortunately once actual names were mentioned with personal remarks this contravened the rules of the forum. So I have had to remove these parts.

Regards
                    Mark Pennell

NOTE:
                    Please do not post any profanity or slanderous remarks. Please do not post advertisements, we have an excellent bulletin board for this purpose. If you have a problem contact the Forum Administrator if you have posted up something you wish to remove use the delete feature or contact the webmaster

------------------------------------------------------
                    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Mark,

I appreciate why you have edited the above posts. However there are some good, bad and awfull petshops in our area... How do we steer the novice away from the bad ones if we cant metion names? And the question was aimed specifically with regard to that one retailer. Obviously the “robbing *****” was a bit careless.

We would also add that a forum is based on people's sole oppinions and at the end of the day oppinions and knowlege are what make a good forum.

A fair point, or am I babbling again?

Kind Regards

Scott + Kelly

Comment

Scott & Kelly
                        Yes I agree with you; however I have to think of the legal connotations behind such threads. It would not be yourself that is sued it would be the BTS. So I have to be a bit diplomatic.

I hope everyone understands I know this sort of thing happens on other forums, and 98% of the time it’s really justified. Yet these are web sites that have, no real organisation that can be linked to and subsequently brought forward in litigation.

I don’t like restricting people views, but I have to maintain an unbiased and non political forum here. I will add this footnote it does not reflect my personal view.

I thank you all for understanding
                        Regards
                        Mark
                        P.S I would say email them personally and steer them away from such petshops. This is what I would do.

Comment

Curly Hair Tarantula query

Hi Mark,

I apologise for starting this thread - it is my fault for asking about a specific retailer - but I was concerned about them and appreciate the feedback.
                          I agree wholeheartedly with your view that forums should keep names out of the discussions if it couild prove libellous.

Regards,
                          Mark E
                          Mark E

Comment

Hello,

To Mark E.- No problem in you starting the thread or asking about specific shops.

However in agreement with Mark P, if people have negative comments to make regarding buisnesses, then they should e-mail people off list to air their concerns.

Regards,

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyM
                              However in agreement with Mark P, if people have negative comments to make regarding buisnesses, then they should e-mail people off list to air their concerns.
                              Hi Mark E
                              I have no real problems with this thread, just the way it was going. The last thing I want to be doing is editing this board every day. You do not have to apololgise to me Ok, However I appreciate the gester - Thanxs.

Yes Andy is correct email off board!

Ok Hopefully this is last of this, should anyone wish to post something controversal then email it to me first I give it the once over before you post it up.

Please do let this detract from what is becoming a really active board with some great input and the pix board is looking really great!

Thankyou to everyone for their contributions
                              regards
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X