Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Found my H. villosella female with another sac on the 26th and today when i came home from work this morning i found the first of the subfusca nymphs moulting into slings.

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    The marksi nymphs have been moulting into nymph 2 the last couple of days including the wierd double bummed jobby.

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Shame about the villosella sac Craig others are looking lovely keep us updated regards the 'freak' lol

Leave a comment:

• Phil Rea
    replied
    You seem to have the same sort of luck as me with the villosella Craig

The sp. 'marksi' are looking good though as are the subfusca

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Well the villosella sac lasted 6 days before it was munched so thats now 5 sacs and 5 failures with this species. At least I'm consistent.
    Fortunately it's not all bad as the subfusca nymphs started moulting into nymph 2 on the 3rd and i think there was only 2 that didn't make it.

I removed the Harpactira sp. marksi sac today and found lots of nymph 1 inside and not a single bad egg either. At a rough guestimate i would say there is around 100 - 120 of the little buggers.

Noticed this little freak amongst them as well

I wonder if it will turn out to be a double abdomen jobby if it survives. I had one like this in the fimbriatus sac but unfortunately it never made it to nymph 2.

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Cheers. So far all i have managed from villosella are 2 infertile sacs and 2 eaten sacs so it would be nice if it went right this time.

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
    Tis a very fertile time in your house Craig *watch out Layla* lol congrats mate
    Hopefully the fertility is just confined to the spiders otherwise someone will be taking a tumble down the stairs.

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Tis a very fertile time in your house Craig *watch out Layla* lol congrats mate

Leave a comment:

• Phil Rea
    replied
    Good luck with it Craig

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Just found my H. villosella sealed in her burrow with a sac. I tried mating her with my male a few times but he kept doing a runner everytime she moved near him so i put both his and her tub into a clear plastic shoebox and left them to it for the last few weeks. I never actually got to see them mate but quite often i would see them sitting on top of each other in the web between both tubs.

Leave a comment:

• mary walters
    replied
    She took her time.

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Woop well done Craig

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Just found my other Yamia sp. Koh Samui female with a sac tonight. This one was mated the same time as the other female that dropped a sac in February.

Leave a comment:

• mary walters
    replied
    Nice one Craig, lovely spider.

I dunno if I have sac 9, my mated marshalli is in her tube and hasn't come out for weeks now, will know for sure when lil uns come out I suppose lol.

I have a few more on the boil too, some mated, some waiting for Trev to mate, some hoping for second sacs, or even 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• craig mcinnes
    replied
    Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
    Ooo didnt know about the Pokie sac congrats Craig
    Cheers i think i posted it on arachnophiles somewhere

Originally posted by mary walters View Post
    Nice one Craig, we are both neck and neck at 8 each at the minute then.
    Well there is this -

Harpactira sp. marksi mated on the 10th June

Hammock style egg sac made on the 22nd of June

I only expect maybe 1 more sac after this one this year as i don't have much mated so i'm sure you will overtake me soon enough Mary.

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
    Well done Craig
    Cheers Phil

Leave a comment:

• Phil Rea
    replied
    Well done Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X