• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia laeta success

Avicularia laeta

Successful

Adult female molted - may 2012
    After a few months of trying to find a mature male,I managed to buy one late September 2012.I tried pairing them a couple of times with no luck,but after I witnessed a fresh sperm web in the males enclosure I paired them again and witnessed a good insert on 29/10/2012.
    Her tank was placed on middle shelf for the next few months and she was fed a large brown cricket once a week.By now she had webbed herself a really thick tube web which I couldn't see to the bottom of.late December she was being fed twice a week and had started webbing up more so I started wetting her substrata a bit more and placed her tank on top shelf at 80'f.
    Once a week I still pushed a cricket through a tiny hole I made in the top of her tube web.She was now not leaving the bottom of her tube web so I suspected there was an eggsack in there.I didn't want to risk disturbing her just to have a look though.
    Early February 2013 I went to feed and top up her water I noticed lots of spiderlings and a few N2,s in the tube web.
    I left them in there for a couple more weeks before I potted them up.
    Total spiderlings- 110
    Last edited by Martin Lees; 04-03-13, 09:33 PM. Reason: Add photo

Golden balls strikes again

Comment

Haha.cheers mate may the luck continue.Ive noticed my H.sp Colombia(large form) has layed a sack today.

Comment

Working...
      X