This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Stuart,

Nice little collection you have there, some classic spiders indeed.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask as many questions as you like, there'll always be someone to help and offer advice.

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Hi there,

Wanted to introduce myself. I am a zookeeper from New Zealand and have recently tranferred sections within the zoo. I now work on reptiles section and our collection includes the following tarantulas:
      3 adult female Brachypelma smithi (two of them are 18yrs and one 15yrs)
      2 Brachypelma smithi (approx 2yrs)
      2 Theraphosa blondi (approx 2yrs)
      3 Grammostola rosea (approx 2yrs)
      2 Aphonopelma seemanni (approx 2yrs)

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about these amazing tarantulas and asking alot of questions. I want to provide best practice husbandry for the species we keep, as well as educating our visitors about them.

Cheers
      Louise

Comment

• HI all,

I've been poking around here for a while and I now get the BTS Journal (which is fabulous!!) as well. Great hobby (er, obsession?) and great folks.

I've got about 60 tarantulas now, and I'm getting four P. imperators later today. I'm getting more involved with ATS, and even have a few articles coming out in the next few Forums. I'm even starting some online courses in entomology later this year, which I'm very excited about.

I pay my bills by composing, performing, and teaching classical music, especially new music.
        Payton MacDonald
        composer, percussionist, college professor, tarantula enthusiast

Comment

• Wow, this society is great ! we connect to people the other side of the world. how cool is that !

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin read View Post
            Wow, this society is great ! we connect to people the other side of the world. how cool is that !
            Kevin - I could not put that better myself!

If their is one thing that keeps me in this hobby other than my love of tarantulas is the BTS. This is truly a society in International terms, we try and hopefully succeed in supporting and indeed learning from other society's, we have almost a 50 % international membership now.

I often get as do many other committee members a lot of abuse via email sometimes this makes your toes curl. What keeps us going is the fantastic people we have here on the forum and at the BTS events. Its a great family of associates and friends brought together with one common theme.

Long may this continue.

Regards
            Mark

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• well said , couldn,t put it better myself

Comment

• My name is Gino, I'm 29 years old, and keeping T's since 2006. It started with one (A. geniculata), and since I moved to live alone with my girlfriend it only got worse. We now have about 65 T's in our small dining room
                I mostly like African and Asian species, especially Ceratogyrus ssp. and Poecilotheria ssp.

Comment

• Hi all!

Im Gavin, im 19 and im curently doing a Natinal Diploma in Animal Management

I love all animals, though Reptiles and invertabrates are my favorites!

Ive only my Tarantula for around three weeks but I just LOVE him! (or her!) Its a B.Vegens, still young I think

I also have...

9 Parapachymorpha Zomproi
                  3 Eurycantha calcarata
                  2 Extatosoma tiaratuma
                  2 Diapherpdes Goganteum
                  5 Land Snials
                  1 Brachypelma vagans
                  3 Corn Snakes
                  1 Cat
                  1 Cockatile
                  1 Millapede
                  32 Ferrets (10 Adult, all the rest babys )

This looks like a cool place, better start posting

Comment

• hello gino and gavin and welcome to the bts forum

Comment

• hey there guys welcome to the bts thew place to be for all things t's we have some of the most knowledgable people here with more information forgotten than i have even learnt lol and then theres new guys to the hobbie who are after hewlp and advice and thats what we do best here,

we are a friendly lot and everyone has something to say

again welcome
                      Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

• Hello I am Emma, although people generally know me as Call online.
                        I am 18 and I come from the South West of England.

I have completed an animal care course at college, and went on to do the national diploma, however time with small furry things got greater, and time with the exotics and equines got smaller...
                        Therefore I became bored and dropped out.

I have had quite a few exotic animals, although the number has greatly dropped recently.

Currently the animals that I share my life with are:

Cory a five year old male Peruvian guinea pig.
                        Stephany a fourteen year old Sinaloan milk snake, she will be fifteen later this year
                        Selene a female Chilean rose, I am unsure of her age as I am her third (and last) owner.
                        Gremlin a young Mexican red rump, I got 'him' from someone on reptile forums.. They may be on here too.
                        Genie a young thought to be female pink toe, unsure on age as the seller had no idea what she was on about. Was scared of arachnids, asked if I knew anything about them because she did not, and then proceeded to forget to get me to fill in the paper work.
                        Venus and Valentine a young pair of giant African land snails, who were born just before valentines day.
                        Three sixteen year old African clawed frogs.
                        And one fish...
                        And loads of crickets <.<
                        HAVE:
                        0.1 Sinaloan milk snake - Stephany, 1.0.1 Crested gecko - Orion & Galaxy, 1.2 African clawed frogs, 2 Fish - Ninx & Cal, 0.1 G.rosea - Selene, 1 P.regalis - Vermin , 2 Black rat snakes - Lola & Delilah, 1 G.pulchra - Eclipse, 2 G.rosea RCF - Jubile & Jace , 2 GALS - Horatio & Zeke, 5 G.pulchripes - Ackora, Magic, Avion, Toxic & Luna

Comment

• welcome emma nice selection of animals, good to have you here sure you will have fun here
                          Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

• My name is Leon, I currently live in Leicestershire (ex South Wales/Kent)
                            I got my first tarantula when I was 13 but never increased my collection until about 2001 (?) I think.

Went through a brief "stamp collecting" phase as most people do, then found out I was very sensitive to urticating hairs and basically stopped keeping NW stuff and stuck to OW (mainly South East Asian stuff - Ornithoctonus, Cyriopagopus, "Lampropelma", Haplopelma etc)

Fell in with a bad crowd (Ray Gabriel and his "Band of merry men" - long story! ) and never looked back. Met some great people through the spider world from the UK and worldwide! Went through a wobbly period last year where I didn't have much to do with spiders at all other than helping my dodgy hippy mate Lee (Spider Shop) at shows and the odd curry with the Swindon lot.

Now back on the wagon slightly, might look at some breeding this year and basically replenishing my stock as most of my Asian females are mainly old and WC.

Most newer members and spider-shoppers will probably know me from Lee's stand at the BTS.

Hello!

Oh and Mr Hale I honestly promise I might renew my ever so slightly lapsed membership this year, maybe

Comment

• Hmmm havent done this yet!!!

Hi all, my name is Teri (Teresa hate that name lol) I am ancient and come from the West Midlands. I have recently started to rebuild my tarantula collection and have 7 to date. I also have parrots, dogs and cats. The house is manic at times lol.
                              Look forward to chatting to you all and learning alot more
                              Teri

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome Teri, Its great to know there are some more ancients like me joining our fantastic Society, There is such a mass of great people and a fountain of knowledge here in the forum i am sure you will become a regular user and hopefully meet some of us at the shows.
                                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Working...
                                X