Clear All

• Steve Thornton
    replied
    hi all im new

Leave a comment:

• Peter van Aardt
    replied
    Hi all!

I am also from South Africa, but the town I come from is like a village compared to Pretoria where Rian is from,its called Hartbeespoort...
    Anyway, I have kept tarantulas for about 2 years now, and very recently started collecting scorpions as well, at this stage my collections consists of 20 T's and 13 scorps.

It is always nice to learn something new, and I am sure the BTS is a endless pool of knowledge...can't wait to learn more!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rian Brandt
    replied
    Thanks Peter, on the "madhouse" topic may I assure you, I sometimes get the feeling I am living in an asylum for the mentally unwell...

On to pleasant topics.

I narrowed my focus to:

0.2.0 Poecilotheria ornata
    1.2.0 Poecilotheria fasciata
    0.0.1 Poecilotheria striata
    6.1.0 Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli
    6.7.1 Poecilotheria metallica
    5.4.0 Monocentropus balfouri
    0.1.0 Encyocratella olivacea
    0.1.0 Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
    0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum

So much to learn, but trying to squeeze some egg cases from the above...

Leave a comment:

• Peter Roach
    replied
    Welcome to the madhouse Rian

What are you keeping now ?

Leave a comment:

• Rian Brandt
    replied
    Hi all

I live in a small town called Pretoria (South Africa). I have been keeping Tarantulas for about eight years now, but only started breeding a few in 2009. It is my aim to learn more and share what I experience, in the hope it might be useful to others.

I recently scaled down my collection from 300 odd to only a few breeding spiders, found this to be a lot more manageable, allowing me to focus on what is required.

I trust my visits here will be enjoyable...

Leave a comment:

• ron flores
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
    Hi Ron, welcome to the forum you've got a nice collection going there.
    thank you mam... and im planning to add some hot scorps or p.ornata...

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Ron, welcome to the forum you've got a nice collection going there.

Leave a comment:

• ron flores
    replied
    Hi to all...

currently owning

Tarantula:
    B.Smithi
    A.Geniculata
    G.Pulchripes
    P.Cambredgei
    Singapore blue
    Indian Violet
    P.Regalis

Scorpion:
    P.Trans
    P.Liosoma
    C.Excilicauda
    H.Hottentota
    A.Australis
    T.Stigmurus

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Annika, welcome to the forum,

Leave a comment:

• Annika Feilbach
    replied
    Hello everyone!

I've just realised I never actually posted here, though I meant to, so -- hello! I'm Annika. I'm new to the BTS and new to the hobby since the beginning of this year. My other half and I bought our first 2 slings (a C. cyaneopubescens for him, and a G. pulchra for me) on New Year's Eve; now we have 24 between us and are talking about converting the spare room into a spider room...

I was very pleased to discover that the BTS exhibition takes place so close to us! I'll be going, with my little wish list -- and I may have to investigate finding a lady for my C. sellatus who has just moulted into, I suspect, a mature male (though I'll have to confirm that when he comes out of his hole).

Hope to see some of you there!

Leave a comment:

• Garth Massey
    replied
    Hi All

Very new to this hobby but loving every thing so far.

I little about my self from the uk but working in South Africa for a while, Found my first tranchula close to my place so cool.
    Cut some glass and made a quick box with a vent on the top.
    Would love to find out more info on the one I have found any help would be great.

I also have one nagapie. So cute he is.

So nice to be a part of this great community.

Just a note the soil is not wet.

Cheers
    Garth
    Last edited by Garth Massey; 07-04-11, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kris Moralee
    replied
    Hello.

Hi, another noob to the forum although I have kept T's for about 12 years. My 1st was an almost mature L.parahybana then I bought B.vagans and B.emelia slings. They lived for 10 years until vagans ruptured her abdomen during a moult and the other 2 just died. I believe the salmon pink was around 13 years so not a bad innings really.

I now have 1 almost adult H.lividum. An almost adult G.rosea RCF. Juvenile red knee, H.maculata sling and A.versicolour sling. I feel I've always kept my spiders adequately however I now find myself drawn more towards natural set ups so I'm out looking for as much info as possible to give my T's the enclosures they deserve.

My introduction to spiders was via Anne Webs book and I'm sad to see that she has passed away, no doubt she'll be sadly missed by a great many people and I'd like to give her a posthumous thank you for her interesting book that got me started.

If anyone reads this and feels like giving me some pointers on a more natural set up for my spiders then please drop me a pm, I'd really appreciate it but for now...... Thanks for letting me aboard this ship :~)

Cheers,

Kris

Leave a comment:

• Robyn Hiscox
    replied
    Heya, I'm fairly new to the tarantula hobby and used to be really frightened of them. I was given the opportunity to hold my mum's G rosea and thought 'Hey...this ain't too bad'. A few months down the line and my collection keeps getting bigger

I'm a student at University so they need to be small for the moment ^^;
    Brachypelma smithi 1.5 inch
    Avicularia azuraklaasi 1/2 inch
    Grammostola pulchripes 1/2 inch
    Poecilotheria regalis 1/2 inch
    Brachypelma albopilosum 3/4 inch

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi yannigarrido, welcome to the forum, and the world of tarantulas, I'm sure you'll find lots of interest and help on the forum

Leave a comment:

• Colin D Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by yannigarrido View Post
    Although I'm not British I joined this forum to learn more about the fantastic Theraphosids!! I'm from the Philippines
    It doesn't matter, The BTS is open for members world wide

Welcome to the forum
    Hope you enjoy your stay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X