X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mat Anthony View Post
    Hello there everybody!

I'm Mat, been keeping T's since feb this year after ebing in love with tme since a child and my uncle having them since I was very young, and I am now up to fifteen. I spent a year researching thouroughly before I eventually got my first - a female smithi, so I'm a little more informed than most beginners - I don't do well if unprepared!

Glad to be on here, hope to join some discussions with you lot for a while to come!

p.s Just bought a female B auratum from Neil Little - very nice dealing with him, have a look at the feedback I left him, lovely start to theis forum for me!

Hope all are well, Happy Thursday!

Mat.
    Hi Mat and welcome too B.T.S i hope you enjoy your stay and good to hear you like Ts and Neil is brill im buying my second T off him wich is a Vangans and my first T to buy of him was a Brachypelma Verdezi and she's doing fine and well
    Luke Anthony

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke Anthony View Post
      Hi Mat and welcome too B.T.S i hope you enjoy your stay and good to hear you like Ts and Neil is brill im buying my second T off him wich is a Vangans and my first T to buy of him was a Brachypelma Verdezi and she's doing fine and well

Ooop i already said hi and welcome to you ah well
      Luke Anthony

Comment

• Originally posted by Faye Sweeney View Post
        Hello! I'm Faye, new to tarantulas, but learning all the time! Other than M.J. my B.smithi, I have 2 dogs, 12 rabbits, 6 guinea pigs, 5 rats, 4 gerbils, 2 hammies, 4 mice and 2 axolotls... I expect the axies would be of most interest, so here are a couple of pics:

Luca

Toni

(sorry the water is a little murky - theye were still settling in and I didn't want to upset them by changing it...)
        Hi Faye and welcome to B.T.S there brill photos you got there and say hi to sponge bobsquarepants for lol
        Luke Anthony

Comment

• Hijack the introductions

Hello All,

i just saw that some new peeps were introducing themselves, so i thought I would gate crash and say hello!!

i'm Guy as you can see, i have a penultimate shed female P.regalis and 2x hysterocrates hercules, the petstore one, (i recently discovered there is a massive controvesy over which species it really is - so "that one"). I am really into old world spiders, particularly poecilotheria, cyriopagopus and generally any monsters from dark humid forests in africa or asia. fast growing and mean is what I love in a spider.Though i can totally understand why peeps love the brachypelmas and grammostolas. I really want to get several cyriopagopus "blue" & P.subfusca. That will have to wait til I have some spare cash hehe

I used to keep all manner of cool exotics from inverts to amphibs, reptiles and exotic mammals. I have learnt some level of self control in latter years and just have the spiders - they are much cooler anyway. I just wanted to say that the forum is awesome, i have already had some really nice help from other members.

I used to work in the pet trade (we always looked after our spiders in the right conditions for the sp. & we charged reasonable prices for them too. I agree that that ethos seems lost in a lot of pet shops today), which allowed me to assemble a quite big collection of spiders (well i thought it was big - over 100 specimens, but by some of the experts standards I see here, it probs wasn't)

Anyways, I am back in the hobby and eager to learn as much as poss.

Cheers BTS for such an awesome resource!!

toodles,

Guy

Comment

• hi guy nice to here from you again (the tarantula store guy) & welcome.

john

Comment

• Hi Guy and welcome to B.T.S good to hear you like it if you have any questions im sure we will try and do our best to help you but it looks like you know some of your stuff already
              Luke Anthony

Comment

• Hello John (again), and thanks for the greetings luke!

I don't know about knowing my stuff already, It was along time ago that I waas messing about with spiders, so loads that i am sure I have forgotten, hahaha!!

good to know you virtually guys,

Ta ta,

Guy

Comment

• Hi guy's

I've been registered on this forum for some time now and thought I'd finally introduce myself.

I've been obsessed with spiders since i was knee high to a T.Blondi, much to the distaste of my parents . I finally convinced them to let me get a tarantula 7 years ago and started with a beautifull B.Smithi called Shelob.

When i got her she was a tiny 2.5 inches and in this pic she's around 5 inches (legspan). An unbelievably docile spider but never stopped eating or looking for food.
                  After a while i found my next spider who's name i will not utter here . She was a fully mature P.Regalis and was my insurance to stop anyone coming into my room. She was ultra violent and would threaten anything and everything that came close to her home. Feeding her was a matter of distration and slipping the food while she wasn't looking. All in all a very striking spider as you can see from her fav pose (eating).

As i said she was fully grown when i got her and unfortunately i had no information of her true age.

3 years ago i moved into a property that wasn't tolerant of "pets" so new homes were found for them both

The good news is that I'm now in a new home and as such have started my hobby again from scratch and as before B.Smithi is back on top of the list. I've just recieved a young 2 inch girl/boy. Sorry for the quality of the picture, it was taken from my mobile phone

Anyway glad to finally say hello

Jon

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Jon, nice to see you posting mate!!

Hope you enjoy your stay here

Colin
                    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Hey Ho Guys And Gals,

I'm Lee or Eerie (whichever is easier)

love tarantulas, wanna know loads more about them, some of you might already "kinda" know me from arachnophiles forum where i was told i should be ashamed of myself for not bing a member of the BTS yet
                      (i'm workin on it i promise!)

I have 16 spiders currently in my collection
                      (was 20 but had trouble with a couple of my slings)

no point in listing them here because thats in my profile as my sig.

Dying to get into the breeding side of things, was hoping to start with G. roseas but my singapore blues* decided to mature first so it looks like i'll be starting with something more difficult, hopefully i'll get the advice and info i need from you guys here

I'm a musician, been in a good few bands most noteably "Dirty Wee Middens",
                      (horror influenced rock n roll)
                      we split last year but are reforming on halloween this year to give it another run and see how it goes, if your interested hit up my profile for myspazz linkage !.

I have an awesome 4 year old son and a very understanding partner who seems to love the spiders as much as i do which saves on moans except when i'm spending her shoe/handbag collection cash on them. :P

I'd love to go have an explore of some rainforests, that whole survival thing really floats my boat, i love camping and stuff, plus the prospects of observing species or finding an undiscovered tarantula in the wild is mouthwatering. so if anyone needs an unqualified but very willing and determined volunteer to carry their bags then hit me up i'd join you in a second !!.

And thats about it really, i look forward to getting to know you, and annoying you with questions and random theories that i have devised using my limited knowledge !!

*= only used the common name there because i'm not sure whether it's a cyriopagopus or a lampropelma hopefully that little bit of confusion will get cleared up soon enough
                      I want one of those kool scrollbox's but the code I know doesn't work - HELP PLEASE !!

Comment

• Nice to see you here Lee !!!
                        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• cheers dude
                          I want one of those kool scrollbox's but the code I know doesn't work - HELP PLEASE !!

Comment

• yeah good to see you matey (i'm corpselight on AP)
                            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• *feels honoured by the welcomes*

must have made an impression over there on AP :P lol

Comment

• hey there lee and nice to see you on the bts forum

Comment

Working...
                                X