This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Harrison View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, totally not sure what 1st T is going to be lol....had my eye on Aphonopelma seemanni or chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. I dont intent on handling the T's so something that is a little skittish is fine. If anyone has any preferences or advice on the two sp. i mentioned that would be great.
    Two good choices Mark, that should start your collection off nicely, also don't forget the B. Smithi or perhaps a G. Rosea, they are always nice to have in a collection.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, totally not sure what 1st T is going to be lol....had my eye on Aphonopelma seemanni or chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. I dont intent on handling the T's so something that is a little skittish is fine. If anyone has any preferences or advice on the two sp. i mentioned that would be great.
      oooooo! had'nt even heard of chromatopelma cyaneopubescens!! well curious as i am i checked them out & wowwww! im thinking im going to have to have one ...its great learning about different species & lets face it there is plenty of them!

Lynn

Comment

• Save your fingers next time Lynn use GBB (Green Bottle Blue) it's the common name.lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
          Save your fingers next time Lynn use GBB (Green Bottle Blue) it's the common name.lol

Haha yea funnily enough when i searched the species i noticed that & there had been a few places that where selling them when buying other species..i just hadnt bothered to look at the pics lol ...well know that i know i will definatley be on the lookout for them

Comment

Aphonopelma seemani - Costa Rica Zebra.
            Often displaying either brown or black bodies with the peach coloured abdomen around the spinarets. Easy to care for, a little skittish but fine to let out of your enclosure. I've been told if you keep them a little on the moist side they'll appear a darker colour but still retain white stripes. Terrestrial and will adopt a burrow.
            Here's some pix of the blue form, quite astonishing blue in some cases!

Chromatapelma cyaneopubescens - Green Bottle Blue.
            From Venezuela, inhabit very dry scrubland, semi arboreal, big tube webbers, inquisitive, skittish. Put a branch laid down in your terrestrial enclosure you'll get a very interestingly webbed display tank. From slings they transform out of other pink toe, black leg, tiger abdomen, gold carapace into blue legs, orange abdomen and aqua marine carapace. Easy to keep, not to see to find.

If you're interested in Brachypelma albopilosum - Honduran Curly Hair, I have some juv's I'm about to put up for sale.
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Hi there!

As I announced in the other thread, I´ll introduce myself, now.

I´m Aaron, 27 years old and from Germany.
              Some years ago my love for exotic animals started. It all began with bearded dragons, went to snakes and scorpions and finally I arrived at T´s. (To take a look, please follow the link "My collection" in my signature)
              Snakes and skorpions are still the hobby of my girlfriend and the T´s were mine.
              (All other exotic animals are gone, now, except of a small gecko).

I´m an actice member of the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft (DeArGe) and since the beginning of the year, I´m a member of the BTS, too.

Hm. I think, that´s enough..
              And please excuse my english - I know it is´nt the best, but I think everbody knows what I mean

Greetings,

Aaron
              DeArGe e.V.
              ARACHNE - The journal of the DeArGe e.V.
              My collection
              My homepage

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Aaron

My Collection:

Comment

• Hi Aaron,

welcome to the forum

Ciao,
                  Marc

Comment

• welcome Aaron! hope you enjoy it here i'm sure your English beats my German

Peter, my A seemanni, as i've said...are not plain black or brown but noticeably blue with the orangey peach colour on the abdomen i keep them humid.
                    however i've been told the "classic" A seemanni wasn't blue at all and didn't have orange spinnarets. but maybe that's a debate for the forum lol
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• I've spent ages looking round for the place to say hello, but finally found it So, hello everyone.

I live in Hampshire and just got into keeping T's after lifelong arachnophobia. It was going to be "just one" and for that one I chose a sub-adult G. rosea RCF as I'd heard they were pretty docile and made a good first T. Actually it has a bit of an attitude, especially now it's eating well as it thinks anything you put in the tank is food. I do not know its sex as it has not moulted yet.

It didn't stay "just one" though. I was captivated by a juvenile female B. boehmi who is almost always out on display and although she flicks if disturbed looks absolutely gorgeous, and I also bought a pink zebra sling who I see very little of but who comes out at night to take food. I would like to get one of the Avicularia at soime point when i have a bit more experience, possibly A versicolor, just because they are so beautiful.

Oh, and I also have a husband and two cats.

Hope to get to know you all better
                      Lisa

Comment

• Hey Lisa,

Welcome to the forum its a great place for info and the people here are lovely.

Great that you got over your phobia ...i did about 7 months ago now i have over 10 T's they kinda get addictive hey lol.

Lynn

Comment

• Hi Lisa, Welcome to the forum, hope you find lots of interest, very addictive these tarantulas

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                            Hi Lisa, Welcome to the forum, hope you find lots of interest, very addictive these tarantulas
                            Hi Linda they sure are, I am already deciding what to get next.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have been collecting T's for the past 5 years and am from the U.K. in the midlands, currently the collection is at:

B.Smithi
                              A.Seemani
                              M.Robustum
                              T.Apophysis

I started 5 years ago with the A.Seemani as a juvenile, bought a B.Boehmei who then went through a maturing moult 6 months later and turned out to be male . Afterwards I got a T.Blondi as a juvenile but he/she had a bad moult and part of the Opisthosoma didn't detatch, causing it to rupture a couple of weeks later during growth (has anyone else experienced this with Theraphosa's ?) All upset after this incident I went and bought M.Robustum who is a lovely although very nervous T followed by the Smithi and the Apophysis as slings. The Smithi and Apophysis are now just under 2 years old with Robustum being closer to 3 and the Seemani approx 5 1/2.

I say currently in bold as there are always plans for more , look forward to sharing experiences/information with you all on what is a fascinating hobby ! Also look forward to meeting some of you in the future at events !

best regards,
                              Andy.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Lisa and Andrew

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                                X