X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly mcdougall
    replied
    Hi Vicky Im Kelly and Im new too . . it it so exciting - one amazing detail after another . Congratulations on getting a smithi - the golden retriever of Therasophids as well as dear ambassador of the spider world

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Vicky, welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Vicky Child
    replied
    Another new one, just wanted to say hello.

I've been obsessed with Spider's from an early age, and am now finally getting my first one as a pet. It's only taken me until my 30th birthday.

I've got a Brachypelma Smithi coming on Friday! I'm so excited it's silly.

So I figured this was the best place to come for advice and tips about how to make sure my new spid has a long and happy life. See you on the forums!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Ball
    replied
    Hi Leanne, welcome to the forum!

My first tarantula was an Aphonopelma sp. New River, which is a lovely docile terestrial species that I'd recomend; I love mine to bits . My second tarantula, i got 2 months ago now, was a Pinktoe (Avicularia Avicularia), which is a beautiful (and quite docile although skitish) arboreal species. I found it really interesting to see the difference between arboreal and terestrial.

I think the next tarantula on my list is a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens- Green Bottle Blue (a.k.a GBB) because they're so colourful and not too agressive.

Well there's a few ideas for you; my suggestions would be to just keep looking around and see what takes your fancy.
    Last edited by Matt Ball; 02-03-10, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leanne Scott
    replied
    Hi

Hello to all just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Leanne I am the proud owner of a mexican red knee, which just moulted on Saturday.

Just got into the hobby and by reading some of the post on here by the end of the year I will have more the one T lol

Not too sure which one to get next as there are so many nice ones out there??? Any suggestions??

Leanne

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Dwain, hope you enjoy the forum and welcome

Leave a comment:

• Phil Rea
    replied
    Welcome to the BTS forum everyone

Originally posted by D Browne View Post
    I joined in a shop when the Hales where visiting it, how does that affect it?
    Originally posted by Aaron Annal View Post
    I'm a fully paid up member and havent got the avatar and joined at the shop in the link
    It needs to be set up by an administrator. Send Mark Pennell a PM, and it will be sorted. Be aware he's a pretty busy chap though

Leave a comment:

• Dwain Fry
    replied
    Hi all, just wanted to say 'hello'

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• D Browne
    replied
    Hey hey, welcome.

That sounds like the opening to a CV lol

Leave a comment:

• kelly mcdougall
    replied
    Kindred Keepers

Hello BTS friends my name is Kelly and Im a new member from US . I own an Avicularia versicolor and Cyriocosmus elegans , and keep a collection of various reptiles and amphibians . Exotic animal husbandry and vivaria has been a lifelong interest with great emphasis on quality of life for these incredible and beautiful creatures . Providing for for them , observing them truly thrive and discovering progressive ways to re-define captivity is my passion . I am honored by their presence in my life . I am looking foward to learning more about the tarantulas I keep , and the species I may have in my future and those I will enjoy through the keeping adventures of all of you in the BTS

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Annal
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
    Unless things have changed (or are going to) the "proud" avatar is added to your name plate when you become a fully paid up member of the society.

BTS SHOP LINK
    I'm a fully paid up member and havent got the avatar and joined at the shop in the link

Leave a comment:

• D Browne
    replied
    I joined in a shop when the Hales where visiting it, how does that affect it?

Leave a comment:

• Colin D Wilson
    replied
    Unless things have changed (or are going to) the "proud" avatar is added to your name plate when you become a fully paid up member of the society.

BTS SHOP LINK

Leave a comment:

• D Browne
    replied
    Thanks, how do i get one of those 'proud member of the british tarantula society' thingys? lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X