X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Baines
    replied
    firstly welcome to Dale, hope you enjoy the forum, loads of great people on here.

And kelly, we get breakouts of crickets in the tanks, we use woodlice to do all the cleaning up but you will find that the young crickets, as peter said, will not last long.
    Particularly in a dry enclosure with a water bowl... they go for the water and usually end up drowning! We keep both tarantula's and scorpions and unless there is a severe breakout we usually just leave them.

one method we use is to put some egg crate next to the heat mat. it's dark and warm and they all gather in the domes underneth, but the food trick works just as well

but i think we all got a little panicky when we saw little crawly things in the tanks when we first come into the hobby.

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    Thank you both Very Much.
    Not normally about aout things that much but as soon as i see little things i get Paranoid. The cage is always kept clean anyway, but i have replaced the substrate and have managed to catch a few for the little slings.
    Again Thank you
    Kelly

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Originally posted by kelly murray View Post
    HI Lynn can you help
    i have been feeding one of my T's and at some point must have put a pregnant cricket in as she had not eaten it and i now have a cluster of extremly young crickets running aroung her cage. i have removed her for now but what is the best course of action.
    would really love your advice
    thank you
    kelly
    Hi Kelly,

Wow never been asked for help before lol ....yea agreed with pete, people use colonies of cleaner woodlice and springtails to clean the tank of bolas ( which is whats left over after they have munched on a cricket) and mould so i imagine it shouldnt bother the T, if she is showing signs of stress the obvious thing would be to just replace the substrate with new
    Dont panic too much hun
    Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lacey
    replied
    Kelly, I think we've all been there! LOL
    The cricket is capable of laying eggs on 6 occassions, or so I'm told, but I've never noticed the baby crickets disturbing the Ts.
    They'll die off without food but they can come in handy to feed really small Ts. The easiest way to catch them is to put a piece of lettuce down and periodically take it out and give it a little shake. There are other ingenious ways of removing them explained within the forum so you might want to do a search but unless your T is showing obvious stress I wouldn't bother too much.

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    HI Lynn can you help
    i have been feeding one of my T's and at some point must have put a pregnant cricket in as she had not eaten it and i now have a cluster of extremly young crickets running aroung her cage. i have removed her for now but what is the best course of action.
    would really love your advice
    thank you
    kelly

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Originally posted by kelly murray View Post
    Hello Lynn
    Thanks for the welcome.
    that is a lovely collection you have
    Kelly
    It can only get bigger lol

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    Hi Dale
    i too have not long joined, loving the enthusiasm of everyone.
    Do you have any others in your lovely collection
    Thanks

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    Hello Lynn
    Thanks for the welcome.
    that is a lovely collection you have
    Kelly

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Dale, welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• lynn mawdesley
    replied
    Welcome Kelly and Dale !

Leave a comment:

• dale king-evans
    replied
    Hi everyone

Hi everybody, fairly new to the forum so i thought i'd say hi.
    Got into T's about 2 years ago. Got a G. Rosea from a friend and got hooked.
    Love them all but especially my B. annitha.
    Anyways, hope everyone is well and look forward to reading and posting more.
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    Hi lisa

how's it going?
    thanks for the welcome!

kelly

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Baines
    replied
    hey kelly, welcome to the forum hun

Leave a comment:

• kelly murray
    replied
    Hi linda
    apparently three of the crawshayi slings were from one eggsac
    the other seven were are slightly younger from a different eggsac
    thanks

kelly

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Linda Street
    replied
    Hi Kelly, welcome to the forum, you've got yourself some nice T's to start off your collection, but I warn you they're very adictive lol & 10 Crawshayi slings, were they all from the same eggsac?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X