X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Vicky, welcome to the forum

Comment

• Hi Vicky Im Kelly and Im new too . . it it so exciting - one amazing detail after another . Congratulations on getting a smithi - the golden retriever of Therasophids as well as dear ambassador of the spider world

Comment

• Welcome to all of the new members I am sure you will love your new pets and have them for many years, and hope that your membership to the B.T.S. will be a long and happy one too, Any help you may need is here, Just ask. and keep us informed on your new Ts and how they are getting on.
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

• Hi people

I registered here a while ago but thought I should I should introduce myself

At the moment i only have an adult female G.rosea and an H.incei sling.

I really came on today to find-out if there were any shows in Scotland, but I think I'll stick around

Comment

• Hi and welcome to the forum

Theres a show to be arranged in Edinburgh around June (called Macbugs or something ) , Elaine and myself will be there as BTS representatives, which reminds me to pester Ray for some BTS parafanalia.

When i find out a date etc i'll post it in the shows and events section of this forum.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
              Hi and welcome to the forum

Theres a show to be arranged in Edinburgh around June (called Macbugs or something ) , Elaine and myself will be there as BTS representatives, which reminds me to pester Ray for some BTS parafanalia.

When i find out a date etc i'll post it in the shows and events section of this forum.
              Thanks

Comment

• Hi guy's and girl's, I have been lurking for a while now and thought it time that I say "hello".

I have only been keeping T's a few month's, and after starting off with a A versicolor sling im now well into double figure's, promised the mrs no more (well at least not until the BTS in May), so once again "hello" and keep up the great work

Andy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy Horton View Post
                  Hi guy's and girl's, I have been lurking for a while now and thought it time that I say "hello".

I have only been keeping T's a few month's, and after starting off with a A versicolor sling im now well into double figure's, promised the mrs no more (well at least not until the BTS in May), so once again "hello" and keep up the great work

Andy.
                  My collection is limited only by my wallet :lol2:

Just started too, welcome

Comment

• Hello Bobby and welcome to the B.T.S. and its forums, you will find any help that you may need and make lots of new friends, I must admit I do not spend as much time as I should like in here but I have had my first breeding, and I did not realise how much of my time they would take up, mind you starting with L.parahybana was a bit of a shock as I was told how many eggs may be in the egg sac I didn't believe it until I opened it and saw hundreds of eggs with legs. LOL. Still there is nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end is there?

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

• Hello everyone. I only have one T at the moment but i have plans for more. I have a G.Rosea called Lola. I have had her just over a year and can't imagine being without her now. My 4 year old son loves her and has asked for a redknee for his birthday!
                      Will be coming up in may to the show so look forward to meeting some on you there

Comment

• I bought my first two spiders yesterday, a spiderling pinktoe Golieth birdeater and (I think a subadult) Brackypelma redleg, and so i wanted to join your board so i can get some advice

thanks
                        B.emilia Adult

Spiderling T.Apophysis

Slings:

A.Braunshauseni

H.lividium

B.Bohemi

Phlogius. sp "Earth Tiger"

Comment

• Hi Mandy, welcome to the forum, a red knee would make a lovely present, nothing like getting into T's early in life lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagar jason nigam View Post
                            I bought my first two spiders yesterday, a spiderling pinktoe Golieth birdeater and (I think a subadult) Brackypelma redleg, and so i wanted to join your board so i can get some advice

thanks
                            Hi Sagar, welcome to the forum and the world of spiders. I think you've probably got an Avicularia (pinktoe), as the Goliath bird eater is a T. Blondi, unless it's a T. Apophysis (pinkfoot) the latter two are two of the largest spiders in world, whereas the pinktoe is a small, black arboreal.
                            Enjoy the forum, I'm sure you will find lots of interest

Comment

• Hi all!

I´m Juliano from Brazil!

I think you guys already know that here the arachnid´s hobby is an illegal practice, since our laws are so outdated, and we have great and responsible breeders/keepers, wich are doing an excellent job, with their collections! just by passion!

I´m pratically against collecting animals in the wild (except a few cases), and here we are structured by breeding as many species as we can put in our terrariums, i´m particularly in breeding Acanthoscurria gomesiana and Avicularia diversipes this season!

Unfortunatelly the great majority here doesn´t care about collecting of wild theraphosids, many for cultural issues, and others for the greedy or seeking easy money, it´s a shame on our country!

So, ím here to improve my knowledge, and make good friends in the Tarantula´s hobby!

Cheers!

|Acanthoscurria atrox | Acanthoscurria gomesiana | Acanthoscurria sp non-iD | Avicularia braunshauseni | Avicularia diversipes | Avicularia juruensis | Ephebopus murinus | Grammostola sp | Lasiodora klugi | Lasiodora sp non-iD | Nhandu carapoensis | Nhandu coloratovillosus | Nhandu tripepii | Pterinochilus murinus | Theraphosa blondi | Vitalius dubius | Vitalius sp non-iD...

Comment

• welcome all!
                                this is a friendly place, loads of knowledgeable people posting, and if you use the search function you'll probably find alot of great info!
                                Juliano, nice to see someone from Brazil! you have some wonderful species there, and yes, it's a shame the laws there are so outdated.
                                many of us are working on captive breeding as well, as wild collection is definitely something to limit wherever possible
                                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Working...
                                X