• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Owain
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

New guy on the block

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name here is August Wageman. I live in the USA. Currently keeping 3 T's.

Comment

Welcome August, it won't be 3 for long mate lol, be 33 before you know it

Comment

hi my name is Stuart, I'm only 14 so some of you guys have collecting for longer than i have been alive. I don't actually have a T. at the moment but as soon as i convince my mum its not going to escape and kill her I'm going to get a Mexican red leg (Brachypelma emilia) which i am going to buy from http://www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk/Spiders.htm and i think is an amazing site as a small B. emilia is selling for £6 (£10 p&p).

Comment

Welcome Stuart

Comment

Sorry i've not got round to this earlier,

Welcome to everybody new, you're in the right place.

Colin
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hello,

Hi,
                I'm George. I've been keeping tarantulas and other inverts on and off for the last 20 years. I'm in the UK.

Comment

'nother new guy

Hey all!

I am Trevor from the U.S. Awesome site,
                  definitely an authority for the interesting hobby!

please check out my thread!

"2 year veteran curious about slings" in BTS general discussion forum

Thanks and Godbless

Trev

Comment

Hi, I'm Pete
                    I have a CWD and tropical fish that I've owned for over 25 years.
                    I've become quite fascinated by Ts, I'm hoovering up the internet for info and hopefully condensing my search til I get myself my first T
                    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Welcome to all the new forum members. Its a great forum full of friendly, helpful people with loads of information to read.

Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

hi from Payton

Hi all,

Just introducing myself. I'm a professional classical musician. Some of the music I write is related to spiders, in fact. I live in the NYC area and perform with a group called Alarm Will Sound, as well as various other projects.

I've got seven tarantulas and an ever-expanding library of books and articles. I'm looking forward to joining BTS soon.

Best,
                        Payton
                        Payton MacDonald
                        composer, percussionist, college professor, tarantula enthusiast

Comment

Hi Payton and welcome,

Have had a browse through your site, i'm a musician myself (piano / keyboards), some interesting arrangements there, pleasing to the ear.

looking forward to reading your work on the effects of music on spiders.

Colin
                          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hello BTS!

Hello! I thought I had written an intro on here, but apparently, not. Her goes:

My love for spiders goes WAYYYY back to my childhood. I have been fascinated by them for as long as I can remember. Tarantulas entered my life (or I entered theirs) when I moved in with a guy who had 20+ Tarantulas and 15+ scorpions in 1998. I found them all very interesting and I was thoroughly educated.

I moved out of there in 2003 and bought a house in 2005. I made the decision to purchase a Tarantula. I bought a C. cyaneopubescens (GBB) and recieved an N. chromatus sling as a freebie. This was in October 2006. I now have 18 Tarantulas and 2 more that are owed to me. Here is my current list:

Aphonopelma
                            spp "New River" (F)
                            Aphonopelma
                            hentzi (F)
                            Aphonopelma
                            hentzi (F)
                            Avicularia
                            minatrix (U)
                            Avicularia
                            versicolor (U)
                            Brachypelma
                            emilia (F)
                            Brachypelma
                            smithi (F)
                            Brachypelma
                            smithi (M)
                            Chromatopelma
                            cyaneopubescens (M)
                            Cyclosternum
                            Fasciatum (F)
                            Grammostola
                            aureostriata (U)
                            Grammostola
                            pulchra (U)
                            Grammostola
                            rosea (F)
                            Lasiodora
                            parahybana (U)
                            Nhandu
                            chromatus (M)
                            Poecilotheria
                            metallica (F)
                            Poecilotheria
                            rufilata (U)
                            Pterinochilus
                            murinus (U)

About me:

I am a Manager for the United States Postal Service. I have a Harley-Davidson Sportster, I am planning to get a HD Heritage soon. I love NASCAR. I am married to a wonderful man and I have 4 daughters (8,12,12, and 13 years). I have 2 dogs, Yoji, who is an Akita, and, Bunny, who is a Lab/Golden Retriever Mix. I am crazy about Tarantulas and I love other inverts as well.
                            Jennifer L. Kitzrow
                            Coon Rapids, MN, USA

Comment

hi all, my name is matt and i am an amateur when it comes to the wonderful and fascinating world of keeping tarantulas. at the moment i only have a few tarantulas which are:
                              brachypelma smithi
                              grammostola pulchra
                              lasiodora parahyabana.
                              i have been trying to build my knowledge of these fascinating creatures and have impressed myself with how much i have learned.
                              i am a member of the invicta arachnid club which is a large club for people who keep arachnids in kent, if anyone would like any information on this please dont hesitate to ask me. we hold a meeting the first wednesday of every month and have guest speakers to give us talks on a wide range of subjects, this month we have ray hale giving us a talk. we also do educational roadshows, taking with us a wide variety of arachnids and reptiles.
                              i dont know what else to write really, so i am gonna stop jabbering on
                              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hi

Hi all,
                                i'm tom, i'm new to the board. im from wales
                                i've been into arachnids for a few years now (tarantulas mostly) first one i had was a chillian rose which led me to start collecting them i have not yet attempted to breed any spiders before but i am thinking about it as i have a few adult female spiders ready for breeding now and i think i have gathered enough information to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X