X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamiemoffatt
    replied
    Hey,
    I'm Jamie and this is my first post. I build multi-platform apps for a living, mostly small games that involve physics. I enjoy tinkering with cars and walking in the countryside.
    I started collecting Mantodea a few years back and decided to make the rather large jump to T's. I used to have a Rhecostica/Aphonopelma seemanni when I was younger, but my dad wanted something he could easily hold, so for his 50th I got him a juvinile B. smithi. Annoyingly I thought it was so pretty I needed more so browsed for something striking. I settled on P. irminia, as I wanted a more arboreal T as I have some spare vivs from the Mantodea. Heres a list of what i currently have:
    Tarantulas.

B. smithi
    P. irminia

Mantodea

Psuedempusa pinnapavonis - Peacock Mantis Male (probably the best looking mantis out there in my opinion)
    Miomantis caffra - Springbok Mantis

Previous Mantodea (my collection is small as I usually buy yearly around July).

Creobother pectipennis - Indian Flower Mantis
    Polyspilota Griffiini - Griffin Mantis
    Deroplatys lobata - Dead Lead Mantis
    Sphodromantis viridis - Giant African Mantis

Then a corn snake and a leopard gecko, gecko is now around 20 so getting old. I hope to increase my T collection as I think they are absolutely gorgeous!
    Will be posting a few questions as I'm eager to learn how best to keep these creatures.

Cheers

Jamie

Leave a comment:

• Domenico Kumme
    replied
    Hi ;

I live in Belgium and I have since 1998 ds spiders, lizards, snakes and amphibians.

Tarantulas :

0.1.0.Acanthoscurria geniculata
    0.0.2.Avicularia geroldi
    0.1.0.Avicularia laeta
    0.0.1.Avicularia minatrix
    0.1.0.Avicularia versicolor
    0.1.0.Avicularia versicolor "red color form"
    0.1.0.Chilobrachys fimbriatus
    0.0.1.Cyriocosmus ritae
    0.0.3.Encyocratella olivacea
    0.0.2.Holothele incei "gold"
    0.1.0.Monocentropus balfouri
    0.1.0.Poecilotheria metallica
    0.0.1.Harpactira atra
    0.0.1.Haplopelma vonwirthi

Snakes :

0.1.Morelia variegata "New-Guinea"

Lizards :

1.1.0.Timon lepidus (Ocellated lizard)
    1.1.6.Correlophus ciliatus

Amphibians :

0.1. Ceratophrys ornata

My list of tarantulas will obviously grow as I wait for Hamm one female Idiothele mira..

Best regards.
    Domenico.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Roach
    replied
    Originally posted by Andreas Mirakis View Post
    Hello to all tarantula fans.
    I am Andreas from Greece.
    Nice to meet you alls
    Welcome to the forum Andreas

Leave a comment:

• Andreas Mirakis
    replied
    Hello to all tarantula fans.
    I am Andreas from Greece.
    Nice to meet you alls

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Kokavecz
    replied
    Hi all,

I am Thomas from Hungary. I keep (and breed) birdspiders for more than 10 years already.
    My favorite is C. cyaneopubenscens and baboons spiders group.
    Nowdays I am interested in taxonomy of theraphosidae and all books documents and news and related.
    Thanks for the possibility to be a member of BTS.

Leave a comment:

• Szandra Speier
    replied
    Thank you Peter!
    Yeah, I know them.
    I think so, thats cause I joined here!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lacey
    replied
    Welcome Szandra
    You have some of my favourite species, C. cyaneopubescens and A. geniculata.
    Last year we had a visit from: Maria Gombásné-Gudenus, her husband and friend, she is a tarantula breeder from Budapest, Hungary. We introduced her to some English drinking, and she introduced us to some great humour.
    Its always good to meet people online and in reality who have similar interests.

Leave a comment:

• Szandra Speier
    replied
    Hi all,
    I'm new on board, registrated yesterday. I'm from Hungary and I'm a student.
    I had arachnophobia 5 years ago, but than I started to reading about spiders and tarantulas, than joined to a hungarian arachno-forum and talked to many people about spiders. Than I became my first tarantula, a B. smithi from my exboyfriend. Now I have 5 Ts.
    0.0.1 Achantoscurria geniculata,
    1.0 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    0.1.1 Grammostola rosea (the female is ncf the other one is rcf)
    I also have a Blaptica dubia breeding for feeding.
    Nice to be here!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Mitchell
    replied
    Hi Arron,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

I had seen that G. Rosea are prone to long periods of fasting thanks to this forum. The reason I think she may be getting ready to moult is due to the bald patch on her abdomen and the darkness of it. That info was gleaned from this forum. Her abdomen is plump, no shrivelling and has a water dish which is regularly changed so I thought she'd be ok and am happy that you think so too.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Arron Hooks
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mitchell View Post
    Hi, My name is Pete (obviously), 42 and equally obviously am a newbie to the forums and hobby.
    I am the very proud owner of an approximately 18 month old G. Rosea RCF. She (at least I was told its a she) seems to have been a pre-loved pet as she came with a vivarium and kit at a very low price. She appears to be healthy although I was worried as she has not eaten since I had her but after reading on here I think she may be getting ready to moult.
    Welcome!

Your G. Rosea might be coming up to a molt or is fasting. G rosea are known for thier long fasting periods, some lasting over a year. So long as her abdomen is plump and not shrivelled, and she has access to water, she will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Mitchell
    replied
    Hi, My name is Pete (obviously), 42 and equally obviously am a newbie to the forums and hobby.
    I am the very proud owner of an approximately 18 month old G. Rosea RCF. She (at least I was told its a she) seems to have been a pre-loved pet as she came with a vivarium and kit at a very low price. She appears to be healthy although I was worried as she has not eaten since I had her but after reading on here I think she may be getting ready to moult.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Roach
    replied
    A simple problem that can be very easily solved . . .get yourself a newer model dragon

Leave a comment:

• JonathanSmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    Not a bad idea although do know that you must have least 6 of each species to things properly ?

Its also more economical to have more spiders as crickets dont come in boxes of only 5 !!!
    The dragon takes care of that although i must admit i like the idea of 5 from each species

Leave a comment:

• Peter Roach
    replied
    Originally posted by JonathanSmith View Post
    I know ! I would really like more but for the moment 5 of my faves will have to suffice
    Not a bad idea although do know that you must have least 6 of each species to things properly ?

Its also more economical to have more spiders as crickets dont come in boxes of only 5 !!!

Leave a comment:

• JonathanSmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    Welcome to the forum Jonathan

Only 5 T's in the final collection.
    I'm wondering if you can actually keep such a small number without going mad.
    I know I couldnt, I think that i would need psychiatric help if I only had a few
    I know ! I would really like more but for the moment 5 of my faves will have to suffice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X