This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luke martin View Post
    how soon would you reccomend moving up to a more aggressive t?
    There is a saying "if you have to ask then you arent ready yet"

Chris.

Comment

• Hi Luke and welcome to everyone who recently joined BTS.
      I think the move from less aggressive to more aggressive Ts is governed not only by the species but how well you maintain the enclosure. Many of the more aggressive species require a higher humidity, more moisture and generally an environment that might invite some problems with your enclosure eg. mites, phorid flies, fungus etc. If you can maintain such an environment without too much worry about getting your hands in there then you're good to go. I'd suggest trying Avics, Taps or Psalmo's first as I think these make a good interim step before you take on the pokies, baboons and earth tigers.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Hello all,

I am new to tarantula keeping so I am very glad to have found this forum!
        I recently bought a Chaco Golden Knee juvenilue (female) which my daughter has named Poppy! She is fascinating to watch and somehow very cute! I have posted a question in another section as I have a query re heating.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Melissa. Nice start to your collection (notice i said "nice start, lol!" Im sure she wont be your last. I started in march with my first T and now have 31! Lol!

Comment

• Hi Carole, thank you for your welcome. "Nice start" slightly concerns me but not as much as it will my husband!! I am very good at collecting pets!

Comment

• Hello my name is ConceiĂ§Ă£o, i'm from Portugal.
              I know BTS for a while, it's an huge reference for me but never participate.
              Now my husband decided to ask some help with our T. Blondi and we decided to participate more.
              We have tarantulas for 15 years... Pedro already show pics of some of our baby girls.
              Maybe we will meet soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Melissa Oligario View Post
                Hi Carole, thank you for your welcome. "Nice start" slightly concerns me but not as much as it will my husband!! I am very good at collecting pets!
                Yes Im the same at collecting pets, lol!

Comment

• Welcome to all new members, and it's nice to see members from overseas, I'm sure there'll be lots of interest and help on hand for us all to gain knowledge on this fascinating/addictive hobby lol.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Guy and I've been collecting tarantulas for several years now. I've always had a fascination with spiders; it was a couple of years ago that I met a girl on a forum who was selling some spiderlings and I jumped at the chance. I bought a Brachypelma albopilosum and a Nhandu chromatus, and just recently I bought myself a Grammostola pulchripes. I'm far from satisfied and will be adding more to my collection as time goes on.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Guy.

Comment

• Hi Guy, welcome to the forum

Comment

• welcome to all.

Comment

• Thank you, everyone. It's always nice to receive a warm welcome.

Comment

• Hello all,
                              my name's Marco and I'm italian; I'm 25 years old and I'm a mechanical engineer. I'm sorry for my english, I don't speak it very well but I'll try to do it as my best. I started collecting spiders since I was a child, keeping some local species such as Segestria florentina, Zoropsis spinimana, Hogna radiata, Tegenaria parietina, Araneus diadematus and the wonderful Argiope bruennichi. Some years ago I started to keep exotic arthropods; I kept:
                              0.1.28 Pandinus imperator
                              2.0.0 Heterometrus spinifer
                              1.0.0 Scolopendra subspinipes de haani (orange legs)
                              1.0.0 Scolopendra tiger-legged
                              1.0.0 Lasiodora parahybana
                              0.1.0 Pamphobeteus fortis

Now my collection includes:
                              0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata (8 cm BL)
                              0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana (2,5 cm BL)
                              0.0.1 Lasiodora difficilis (3,5 cm BL)
                              0.1.0 Pamphobeteus antinous cf PerĂ¹ (Chicken Spider?) (8 cm BL)
                              0.0.1 Pamphobeteus sp. "Sud-Ecuador Machalla" (3,5 cm BL)
                              0.1.0 Pterinochilus murinus rcf (5,5 cm BL)
                              0.0.1 Theraphosa apophysis (5 cm BL)
                              0.1.0 Haplopelma longipes (5 cm BL)
                              0.1.0 Heterometrus longimanus

Regardes,

Marco

Comment

• Hi Marco welcome to the forum and Seasons Greetings to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X