Clear All

• Hi Jon, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots of help and info

Comment

• Thank you Linda!

Comment

• 2 metallicas !!!
        Not a bad way to start back in the hobby

Comment

• I got a good deal on two slings Peter, couldnt turn them down, my first attempt at keeping arboreals too!

Comment

• Re: Just thought I'd introduce myself

Hi I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself and my T's to you all. I bought my first, a G. rosea about 18 months ago as spiders were the only thing I was not too keen on having kept reptiles, amphibians and furry beasties for many years. It worked and I am now fascinated by these lovely creatures and now have 5 and a wish list!
            My second T is as yet unidentified being bought into work when found by the local council in a flat they were clearing. I have posted pics on RFUK but of course it's difficult to get an ID from a photograph. I've had 'her' for about 6 months now and she is feeding well and appears to be thriving.
            No. 3 is a little A. geniculata sling I've had for about a month now, seems to be doing well and feeding like a pig.
            No. 4 was a Christmas present from my daughter a juvenile B. bohemei and No. 5 is a juvenile P. murinus, thought I'd like a bit of a challange and just love the colour on the little monster, it's just moulted and the colour is fab.
            I am planning on converting a walk in cupboard into a T zone this year, a good excuse to acquire a few more! I'm looking forward to learning more from you guys and getting to know you all.
            Regards
            Elaine

Comment

• Hi im new to posting altho i have lingered around the boards reading posts for a while but cant just read all the time so i thought id introduce myself. Between me and my kids we have 8 Ts 4 mine 3 my 9year old girls and 1 belonging to my 13year old boy. It started with my daughter wanting a pet when she was 6 and me and my dad convinced her a chilean rose was a good pet we had a little problem with shedding and she died mid shed last july cue devasted daughter and another chilean rose only by then i was rather smitten and looking at others not so good with latin names but i bought a pink toe in a pet store when on holiday and my hubby got me a mexican fireleg in october last year big kid in sweet shop syndrome when both shed perfectly within a month then my daughters 9th birthday she got a greenbottle blue sling i cant wait to see that get its colours it currently still just the orange abdomen with black pattern very pretty tho and christmas my dad got me a pink toe it was sold as a martenique pink toe but im not overly convinced as it is not purple like i thought it would be but i still think its cute and then my hubby bought me a lovely river rust rump and my daughter bought herself a peru purple pink toe sling totally sweet with the black toes and pink colour was not expecting that and my son bought an asian fawn not convinced it was the best choice for him but it lovely spider even if it does prefer to hide alot. ive seen a lot more id like so i can see the collection growing but im not brave enough for breeding not even sure on the sex of the spiders i just love to watch them they have to be the best pets for just watching

Comment

• New to the board

Hi

Just a quick intro. I'm from South Africa, and I've only been in the hobby for a short while, but I'm obsessed. My love for Pamphos is what brought me to this site. I found Craig Bellamy's thread on the infamous chicken spider. It made for very interesting reading. Just a pity it was locked.

I'd love to get my hands on some of those tarantulas, but being in South Africa, that might prove difficult.

I plan on starting my own communal in the next few months, using M. Balfouri. There is a excellent thread on a South African forum where one of the members has had great success in this regard.

Here is the link for those interested:

Enjoy!
                Shane

Comment

• Hello All

joined the BTS about a year ago as a payed member but not massize into forums. but would like to change that on here

been collecting T's for a few years now. only a small collection for 46 and 35 diff species, only collecting for my own personal pleasure all on show.

so will see you all around here
                  cheers gaz

Comment

• Hi Gaz good to have you on the forum

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm Steve from Manchester and I'm a tarantulaholic!

I started off last year with a juvie A avicularia after falling for a mate's G Rosea at the monthly reptile club meeting and deciding tarantulas aren't too bad after all.

As you know, you can't just have one and I now have 11 with the juvie H maculata I got last night.
                      You can see the others in my profile, and I'll post pics of the ones I've photographed soon.
                      I also have a G. sp "Concepcion" on the way from TSS when the temps come back up to allow safe delivery.

Finding myself more and more fascinated by the natural history of these amazing creatures and have joined the BTS recently.
                      Shame I can't make it to the do next week in Bristol but hopefully will be attending other lectures and gatherings.
                      Does anything often happen north of the Watford gap?

Looking forward to engaging with you all more,
                      Steve
                      Here's my Google+ profile, feel free to circle me. If you want me to circle you back, make sure your profile is filled out!

Comment

• Hi All,
                        I'm Mark and new to forums and the BTS. My love of Tarantula's is fairly recent having been fascinated by them for many years I took the plunge around 9 months ago and bought myself a Chile Rose. My collection and knowledge has grown quickly and my collection now stands at 27 T's ranging from my smallest a 1cm Nhandu Chromatus to my largest an adult female Poecilotheria Miranda. i look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at future shows as well as improving my knowledge on these forums.

Comment

• I'll say hello Mark, as I got the tumbleweed treatment in the post before yours.

Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Steve
                          Here's my Google+ profile, feel free to circle me. If you want me to circle you back, make sure your profile is filled out!

Comment

• Welcome Mark & Steve, hope you enjoy the forum
                            www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• Thanks mate - thought I was getting the silent treatment!!

Comment

• It's undoubtedly a valuable resource, and there's tons of information here but the forum traffic seems to have been a bit slow lately.
                                I've run a couple of forums myself in the past and I know it comes and goes in waves.
                                It'll no doubt liven up when more new blood comes in.

At least account activation is quick here.
                                That lot at M.I.S.C won't approve my registration and won't even speak to me to tell me why!
                                I'm looking forward to going to their meeting at the end of the month so perhaps I can get someone to explain it to me there.

I liked your T pics, and I'll get some more of mine up soon.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X