This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Patti and I just bought my first T two weeks ago. Now I have four of them: three Brachypelma and one Grammostola (guess which species for a newbie?) All are slings or juvies of varying sizes. I was always fascinated with spiders since childhood, from the tiny zebra jumping spiders on windowsills to the spiders in the garden with their intricate funnel and orb webs. I wanted a T for years and finally took the plunge with both feet. My goals now are to learn as much as I can about my T's so that I can take the best care of them, and to learn how to set up my camera so I can photograph them. I am a novice photographer at best.
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

• hi my name is paul i ant had ts long and still learning but already have 125 ts and 34 diffrent genus and cant wait to the bts show in may ps i will be joining the bts at the show in may

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Paul.
        If you join the BTS before the show you'll be able to save some money of the entry price.
        www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• cheers i ant got pay pal so after posting and postal order

Comment

• Hello to all

Im Chalky, live near Gatwick in West Sussex. My work takes me all over the world. I have varied interests including running, shooting, fishing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. Oh and of course my Tarantulas

Comment

• Hi,
              I have been keeping spiders on and off since my first male Chile Rose (Reg) at the age of 11. Currently infatuated with the lampropelma genus and have a blog journal about them please feel free to comment and read it's progress here.... http://uklampropelma.blogspot.co.uk/
              I am keeping 5x L2 Lampropelma violaceopes at present, but roll on the BTS Convention.....I am sure that will increase.

All the best,
              G

Comment

• Hi All
                I am new to the hobby, having started about two months ago.
                So if I ask seemingly dumb questions, please forgive me. I am part of a local forum ( tarantulas.co.za ) and everyone on there speaks highly of this site. So I had to join.

Since then I have gotten the following T's :
                All unsexed slings

1 x Grammostola Pulchripes - Chaco Golden Knee
                1 x Brachypelma albopilosum - Curly Hair
                1 x Brachypelma boehmei - Mexican Fire Leg
                2 x Brachypelma vagans - Mexican Red Rump
                1 x Lasiodora klugi - Bahia scarlet
                1 x Lasiodora parahybana - Brazilian Salmon Pink
                1 x Acanthoscurria geniculata - Giant White-Knee
                1 x Grammostola rosea RCF - Chilean Rose Red Colour Form

I hope to add a lot more, I just want to get these through "infancy", before I take on something a bit more challenging.
                I hope to learn heaps more about these fascinating creatures.

Comment

• Hi all, Lee here in the Brecon Beacons. I'm a professional forester and new too keeping T's but getting more rapidly hooked!
                  "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Comment

• Hi all ,

Im Mike , can see quite a few names I recognize I have keeping tarantulas for a number of years now and have decided to only keep Poecilotheria sp (well apart from a few P. muriuns) hope to meet more people in the hobby and expand my knowledge.

Thanks
                    Mike

Comment

• Hi everyone im Paul and im new here and hoping to become a BTS member soon, ive only been keeping Tarantulas for a short time (since oct 2011) but it feels a lot longer, i currently have 13 T's so far with the Arboreals and Old World T's being my favourites, anyway im hoping to greatly increase my knowledge on this forum and to share what i learn
                      My wise P.regalis once said to me
                      "I never met a Pokie I didn't like"

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm Steph - new here and new to keeping tarantulas. I got my first two babies a week ago - a juvie Chile Gold Fluff (Maude) and a Chaco Golden Knee sling (Tango). I already have a feeling they won't be my last! Looking forward to learning more about these beautiful creatures

Steph

Comment

• Hi Steph, welcome to the forum, you'll find it a very addictive hobby, and there's always lots of help on the forum

Comment

• I believe I missed this thread, my apologises.

I've now got a Brachy Verdezi and an Avic. I'm about to get a Salmon Pink this week. So far, loving the hobby!

Comment

• Hiya Phil (Yerba_Che here)
                              "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Comment

• Hi,
                                I'm relatively new to the hobby, got my first T on 24th May last year
                                Now the proud owner of SA B. smithi (suspected Immature male), Juvi C. cyaneopubescens, Adult E. sp "Red, Juvi/SA H. maculata, P. ornata, P. regalis, A. geniculata, Juvi B. albopilosum (also suspected male), B. emilia, E. murinus, P. murinus, and a MM P. pulcher
                                Looking forwards to Kempton, to get me some more Avic & Psalmo spp, and grab me some Nhandu's and Lasidora spp.
                                Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
                                X