This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick hello!

Newbie to the forum so thought I would introduce myself....

jonathan smith, 24, have in my collection a adult female b.smithi, juvi p.regalis, spiderling obt, spider suntiger.

Hoping to get one final spider in march then my collection is complete

spiders has been a facination of mine for ever since I can remember but whilst I lived at home I was never allowed one so the day after moving out of my parents house I went to fetch Mary (b.smithi). She was intentionally the only one I planned on having but I caught the bug (pardon the pun) and hey no my and my girlfriend have a small family of them along side a Harvey Dog (Bassett hound cross cocker), bearded dragon and tortoise...oh and the fish tank

anyway enough about me, nice to meet you all and hopefully learn some tips and tricks about spider keeping from you all.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Jonathan

Only 5 T's in the final collection.
      I'm wondering if you can actually keep such a small number without going mad.
      I know I couldnt, I think that i would need psychiatric help if I only had a few
      Last edited by Peter Roach; 19-02-13, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
        Welcome to the forum Jonathan

Only 5 T's in the final collection.
        I'm wondering if you can actually keep such a small number without going mad.
        I know I couldnt, I think that i would need psychiatric help if I only had a few
        I know ! I would really like more but for the moment 5 of my faves will have to suffice

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanSmith View Post
          I know ! I would really like more but for the moment 5 of my faves will have to suffice
          Not a bad idea although do know that you must have least 6 of each species to things properly ?

Its also more economical to have more spiders as crickets dont come in boxes of only 5 !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
            Not a bad idea although do know that you must have least 6 of each species to things properly ?

Its also more economical to have more spiders as crickets dont come in boxes of only 5 !!!
            The dragon takes care of that although i must admit i like the idea of 5 from each species

Comment

• A simple problem that can be very easily solved . . .get yourself a newer model dragon

Comment

• Hi, My name is Pete (obviously), 42 and equally obviously am a newbie to the forums and hobby.
                I am the very proud owner of an approximately 18 month old G. Rosea RCF. She (at least I was told its a she) seems to have been a pre-loved pet as she came with a vivarium and kit at a very low price. She appears to be healthy although I was worried as she has not eaten since I had her but after reading on here I think she may be getting ready to moult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Mitchell View Post
                  Hi, My name is Pete (obviously), 42 and equally obviously am a newbie to the forums and hobby.
                  I am the very proud owner of an approximately 18 month old G. Rosea RCF. She (at least I was told its a she) seems to have been a pre-loved pet as she came with a vivarium and kit at a very low price. She appears to be healthy although I was worried as she has not eaten since I had her but after reading on here I think she may be getting ready to moult.
                  Welcome!

Your G. Rosea might be coming up to a molt or is fasting. G rosea are known for thier long fasting periods, some lasting over a year. So long as her abdomen is plump and not shrivelled, and she has access to water, she will be fine.
                  0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi (annitha?)
                  0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

Comment

• Hi Arron,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

I had seen that G. Rosea are prone to long periods of fasting thanks to this forum. The reason I think she may be getting ready to moult is due to the bald patch on her abdomen and the darkness of it. That info was gleaned from this forum. Her abdomen is plump, no shrivelling and has a water dish which is regularly changed so I thought she'd be ok and am happy that you think so too.

Cheers

Comment

• Hi all,
                      I'm new on board, registrated yesterday. I'm from Hungary and I'm a student.
                      I had arachnophobia 5 years ago, but than I started to reading about spiders and tarantulas, than joined to a hungarian arachno-forum and talked to many people about spiders. Than I became my first tarantula, a B. smithi from my exboyfriend. Now I have 5 Ts.
                      0.0.1 Achantoscurria geniculata,
                      1.0 Brachypelma smithi
                      0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
                      0.1.1 Grammostola rosea (the female is ncf the other one is rcf)
                      I also have a Blaptica dubia breeding for feeding.
                      Nice to be here!

Comment

• Welcome Szandra
                        You have some of my favourite species, C. cyaneopubescens and A. geniculata.
                        Last year we had a visit from: Maria Gombásné-Gudenus, her husband and friend, she is a tarantula breeder from Budapest, Hungary. We introduced her to some English drinking, and she introduced us to some great humour.
                        Its always good to meet people online and in reality who have similar interests.
                        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Thank you Peter!
                          Yeah, I know them.
                          I think so, thats cause I joined here!

Comment

• Hi all,

I am Thomas from Hungary. I keep (and breed) birdspiders for more than 10 years already.
                            My favorite is C. cyaneopubenscens and baboons spiders group.
                            Nowdays I am interested in taxonomy of theraphosidae and all books documents and news and related.
                            Thanks for the possibility to be a member of BTS.

Comment

• Hello to all tarantula fans.
                              I am Andreas from Greece.
                              Nice to meet you alls

Comment

• Originally posted by Andreas Mirakis View Post
                                Hello to all tarantula fans.
                                I am Andreas from Greece.
                                Nice to meet you alls
                                Welcome to the forum Andreas

Comment

Working...