This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ;

I live in Belgium and I have since 1998 ds spiders, lizards, snakes and amphibians.

Tarantulas :

0.1.0.Acanthoscurria geniculata
    0.0.2.Avicularia geroldi
    0.1.0.Avicularia laeta
    0.0.1.Avicularia minatrix
    0.1.0.Avicularia versicolor
    0.1.0.Avicularia versicolor "red color form"
    0.1.0.Chilobrachys fimbriatus
    0.0.1.Cyriocosmus ritae
    0.0.3.Encyocratella olivacea
    0.0.2.Holothele incei "gold"
    0.1.0.Monocentropus balfouri
    0.1.0.Poecilotheria metallica
    0.0.1.Harpactira atra
    0.0.1.Haplopelma vonwirthi

Snakes :

0.1.Morelia variegata "New-Guinea"

Lizards :

1.1.0.Timon lepidus (Ocellated lizard)
    1.1.6.Correlophus ciliatus

Amphibians :

0.1. Ceratophrys ornata

My list of tarantulas will obviously grow as I wait for Hamm one female Idiothele mira..

Best regards.
    Domenico.

Comment

• Hey,
      I'm Jamie and this is my first post. I build multi-platform apps for a living, mostly small games that involve physics. I enjoy tinkering with cars and walking in the countryside.
      I started collecting Mantodea a few years back and decided to make the rather large jump to T's. I used to have a Rhecostica/Aphonopelma seemanni when I was younger, but my dad wanted something he could easily hold, so for his 50th I got him a juvinile B. smithi. Annoyingly I thought it was so pretty I needed more so browsed for something striking. I settled on P. irminia, as I wanted a more arboreal T as I have some spare vivs from the Mantodea. Heres a list of what i currently have:
      Tarantulas.

B. smithi
      P. irminia

Mantodea

Psuedempusa pinnapavonis - Peacock Mantis Male (probably the best looking mantis out there in my opinion)
      Miomantis caffra - Springbok Mantis

Previous Mantodea (my collection is small as I usually buy yearly around July).

Creobother pectipennis - Indian Flower Mantis
      Polyspilota Griffiini - Griffin Mantis
      Deroplatys lobata - Dead Lead Mantis
      Sphodromantis viridis - Giant African Mantis

Then a corn snake and a leopard gecko, gecko is now around 20 so getting old. I hope to increase my T collection as I think they are absolutely gorgeous!
      Will be posting a few questions as I'm eager to learn how best to keep these creatures.

Cheers

Jamie

Comment

• Hello, all!

My name's Chris, as you already can see. I'm only recently starting a collection of Arachnids. My collection at the minute is still small but growing slowly.

I'm not too good on the Latin names, I'm much better with common names.

My collection as of now is:

Arachnids
        Mexican Red Rump
        Salmon Pink Bird Eater
        Togo Starburst
        Brazilian Giant White Knee
        Indian Ornamental

Lizards
        Male and female Bearded Dragon

Snakes
        Green Burmese Python
        Dumerils Boa

I'm pretty new to both hobbies, to be honest. I wish to expand my Arachnid collection over the next few months. I don't know the sex of my Togo, Red Rump or Salmon pink, all 3 are still pretty small so it's probably not so easy to sex them. I'm actually at work at the minute but when I get home I'll upload pics of all my stuff and with a bit of luck, someone may be able to sex my spiders!

Nice to meet you all.

Comment

• Re: Introductions!

Hi all!

The name is Chris and I'm a 37 year old male from South Wales. Been interested in Ts for years but now I have my own place I have just started collecting.

Also have a snake, a beardie, various cockroaches & millipedes and scorpions.
          Hoping to get some more Ts, roaches and scorpions over the years and eventually try my hand at breeding!

Thanks for the opportunity to be a member and hope to see some of you at the Chepstow show next month.

Chris

Comment

• Well, I realise that I haven't introduce myself. I'm coming from Switzerland (it explains my poor english!), I'm 40 years old and work as a pastor in a christian church. And if some churches are dusty, fortunately they have spiders crawling everywhere (my best parishioners!). I love listening to music, everything from 50s rock to today's music, mostly american and english. I had my first B boemei four years ago and she's still well! Two years ago, I "rescued" a B smithi, last year I bought a T stirmi and a L parahybana, and, in 2013, a P murinus and some days ago a beautiful little P metallica. I'm very happy to learn everyday about these wonderful creatures!
            Come and visit us: http://mygales.esy.es

Comment

• just like to say hi im new to this forum but im not new to keeping t's

Comment

• Hello! I'm new here!
                Some of you might have seen me on RFUK though (EffyDaydream)

Comment

• Originally posted by Louise McKay View Post
                  Hello! I'm new here!
                  Some of you might have seen me on RFUK though (EffyDaydream)
                  Hi there, I believe we were talking about euthanasia yesterday!

I'm also new here, sort of... I signed up a few years back, but I lost touch with the hobby a bit as I had other things (namely a career change) that I needed to concentrate on. However I've been getting back into it recently, and having great fun rekindling "the bug"!

I'm also on RFUK: Adam B Jones

So hello everyone!
                  Have a good time all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Beynon - Jones View Post
                    Hi there, I believe we were talking about euthanasia yesterday!

I'm also new here, sort of... I signed up a few years back, but I lost touch with the hobby a bit as I had other things (namely a career change) that I needed to concentrate on. However I've been getting back into it recently, and having great fun rekindling "the bug"!

I'm also on RFUK: Adam B Jones

So hello everyone!
                    Aha, yes! That probably sounds weird to everyone else...

Well, welcome back to the addiction.

Comment

• Hello fellow arachnophiles.
                      First post here I think. Have always been interested in spiders and have been fascinated by tarantulas. I kept a Mex red knee for about 25 years and this last year I have raised a Gooty Sapphire to maturity (male). He has started his evening strumming lately so is obviously ready to meet a female of his kind for a brief (if risky) liaison. Obviously I want him to have a chance at procreating his rare species before he naturally expires so I would appreciate a friendly pointer as to where to start in this myriad web of forum topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Hill View Post
                        Hello fellow arachnophiles.
                        First post here I think. Have always been interested in spiders and have been fascinated by tarantulas. I kept a Mex red knee for about 25 years and this last year I have raised a Gooty Sapphire to maturity (male). He has started his evening strumming lately so is obviously ready to meet a female of his kind for a brief (if risky) liaison. Obviously I want him to have a chance at procreating his rare species before he naturally expires so I would appreciate a friendly pointer as to where to start in this myriad web of forum topics.
                        Hi there, firstly I'd suggest posting a new thread on the general discussion page to see what folk say if you wish to aqquire an adult female (could be difficult/expensive!!). I'd recommend reading up on breeding as well... Although the general idea with males seems to be that they get passed on to keepers with females and do a 50/50 split on the offsrping, and once mated, the male is often sent on to another, and so on until he dies out or possibly gets eaten. Anyhow, as I say, probably best to start a new topic on this, unless you already have and I didn't notice it, in which case, sorry!
                        Have a good time all the time

Comment

Hi there, firstly I'd suggest posting a new thread on the general discussion page to see what folk say if you wish to aqquire an adult female (could be difficult/expensive!!). I'd recommend reading up on breeding as well... Although the general idea with males seems to be that they get passed on to keepers with females and do a 50/50 split on the offsrping, and once mated, the male is often sent on to another, and so on until he dies out or possibly gets eaten. Anyhow, as I say, probably best to start a new topic on this, unless you already have and I didn't notice it, in which case, sorry!
                          Thanks Adam. I figured from general reading here that was the form. Been having PC woes here which has prevented me being as active as i'd like but that's all sorted now. Off now to purchase my BTS membership.

Comment

I suppose you can post that in the general discussion forum, but I'm pretty sure you're should be posting that in the BTS Breeding Directory forum.

Anyway if you still have that male, I'm willing to buy him off you now or do 50/50 in a couple of months when my female moults.
                            Last edited by Richard Harper; 03-09-13, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Hi,
                              saw this thread and thought I would say hello. I have just rejoined the BTS and this forum after having been a member many years ago. I acquired my first T in 1987 and then went on to collect many different ones over the following 16 years. A busy job and a growing family meant that the spiders all had to go as there was no more space and time for me to look after them in the way I wanted to. Now some 10 years on I have just purchased a couple of spiderlings and am very excited to be back in the hobby.
                              Paul.

Comment

• Hello I'm Ed from County Durham, relatively new to the hobby (only 2 years) very keen to learn more. Currently only own 2 Pokies, Pederseni + Subfusca. I wish to add to and concentrate on Poecilotheria for the foreseeable.

Regards

Ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X