X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello...

Hi folks..

My name is Steve and I live in the NE of the UK.

I'm new to T's and with a little help from your good selves will be an avid keeper in no time at all.

I've only the one at the moment, a Mexican Red Knee bought from a reptile dealer near where I live.

My "T" Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Coe View Post
      Hi folks..

My name is Steve and I live in the NE of the UK.

I'm new to T's and with a little help from your good selves will be an avid keeper in no time at all.

I've only the one at the moment, a Mexican Red Knee bought from a reptile dealer near where I live.
      Welcome Steve!

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Yet another newbie to the forum

Hi all

I'm Erin. I've been a BTS member since 2004 but am new to the forum. I have a G.rosea (who I will almost always refer to as Tish or Morticia) who has a 5 inch legspan and is at least 10 years old (I've had her since Dec 1996), she was a surprise Christmas present from my parents. I've also got an East African land snail (or Gary as I call him) that I got from 2007's BTS exhibition. I would like to get more T's but I tend to move house regularly and moving just 1 T can be a bit of a mission! Maybe I'll finally give in this year and get another one from the BTS exhibition.

My animals and I are currently based in Letchworth in Hertfordshire, South East UK.

Comment

Hi everybody.
          This is actually my second post, so I think its right to introduce myself sooner rather than later.
          I'm very interested in tarantula keeping/breeding....but not too intersted in some of the politics associated with the hobby.
          This looks like a nice place, with more attention being paid to the former than the latter.

I look forward to learning more about these fascinating creatures on this great site.
          Cheers.
          Patrick.

Comment

Hi Patrick & Erin
            Welcome onboard.

Enjoy your time here

Colin
            Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 18-01-08, 06:29 PM.
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Colin.
              Been lurking around for awhile now, and enjoyed it so far.

Comment

Welcome Patrick
                spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hi Patrick...nice to meet you.

Comment

Thanks and Hi.
                    Nice to meet you both too.

Comment

Hi Patrick, welcome
                      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hello there!

Hello,
                        my name is Sarah, I am 17 years old and currently living in Germany. I have been fascinated by spiders all my life, and have now finally received my parents permission to keep one. I bought my female adult Avicularia versicolor this summer, and absolutely adore her. Looks like she is going to molt soon, I am very excited about that. At the moment I am thinking of getting her a new tank (i am unhappy with the ventilation of the one I am using at the moment, would like a larger one etc), and am otherwise intending to get some more spiders (I was thinking Acanthoscurria geniculata, maybe juvenil, because I have now gained a bit of experience and would love to see a spider grow up, and because I find them beautiful and their behavior interesting, and also I would like a terrestrial in comparision to my arboreal) if I can ensure that I will have enough time to care for it (At the moment I am doing my A-levels).
                        I was hoping to learn more about spiders here, and listen to your experiences. I am especially interested in spiders that behave socially to some extent.
                        I hope I will not bug you to much with my questions which are sure to follow soon.
                        Greetings,

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah. welcome..

Ask away, we're all here to help each other.

Colin
                          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Welcome to the forum Erin, Patrick, and Sarah

My Collection:

Comment

Thanks James and Phil!

Comment

thank you for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X