Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arron Hooks
    replied
    It is sorted alphabetically, there are options on the bottom of the forum list to change the order =]

Leave a comment:

• Paul Wramba
    replied
    Nope lol....... Only 8th thread down too. Take it this section is not used alot.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Roach
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Wramba View Post
    stunning pics. Do you mind me asking what camera you use. Been thinking of getting a new one just not sure what to get
    Do realise that this thread is 5 years old !!!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Wramba
    replied
    stunning pics. Do you mind me asking what camera you use. Been thinking of getting a new one just not sure what to get

Leave a comment:

• Faye Sweeney
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelmckinney View Post
    Hi Faye,

I was checking the pic of your pokie out, and my friend has a P.Formosa that is very like yours. Have a look at this pic of google.

Michael.
    Thanks for that Michael - it's certainly the closest I've seen so far...
    she's quite a bit lighter than that, and doesn't have so much banding on her front legs - just the stripes going down them, strange how much individuals vary!

Leave a comment:

• michaelmckinney
    replied
    Hi Faye,

I was checking the pic of your pokie out, and my friend has a P.Formosa that is very like yours. Have a look at this pic of google.

Michael.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Faye Sweeney
    replied
    Many thanks for the link - I'll have a look when she's next feeling co-operative!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lacey
    replied
    Tub looks fine to me.
    Becky sent me a link a few weeks ago on ventral identification, quite surprisingly different considering many look very similar (black and white stripes). See if you can identify from this: http://www.froschlurche.de/Poecilotheria-ventral.jpg

OBTs you can often pick up for £10+ but I certainly wouldn't pay £40 for one. As they're easy to breed it helps to keep the costs down and you'll often find them available from forums.
    T. blondi aren't so easy to find and often fetch a hefty price, i've seen these as max 5" for £150!!! Hard to breed so that keeps the price high but if you're lucky you may find a spiderling for £20+. The slings are quite big even in their first moult.
    Pokies, lots to choose from and the price ranges but its not hard to find slings for £5+, 4" for around £20. The sought after metallica will fetch upwards of £35 just for a sling rising to £300 for a gravid female.
    Doubtless others will provide their opinions on prices but this gives you an idea of bargains or rip-offs. Its worth noting however that shop prices will be higher as they have overheads and they need to make a profit, but there's no postage. Online shops offer good selections and often guarantee live arrivals and replacements.

Leave a comment:

• Faye Sweeney
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisa Grose View Post
    The spider shop when it was at the bts show in coseley is where I got Dora from, my Lasiodora striatus. I could mail order with them.
    I have ordered from them directly - highly recommended

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Grose
    replied
    The spider shop when it was at the bts show in coseley is where I got Dora from, my Lasiodora striatus. I could mail order with them.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Grose
    replied
    That seems reasonable. It is an idea. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Faye Sweeney
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisa Grose View Post
    Do you know the sex of these 3. Would you mind me asking how much you paid for these? I dont know what you would normaly pay and I want a rough idea. I plan to go to the BTS show next year and get more T's because I dont want to be ripped off. May be you could go back to the shop with her and ask them what she is. They should remember.
    I'm sure the bloke will remember - he seemed very up on his spiders and gets most of his stock from Lee at the spider shop...
    They're all females and I paid £100 for the 3 spiders, an exo terra and some crickets, locusts and cork bark, so I couldn't tell you how much I paid for them individually

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Grose
    replied
    Do you know the sex of these 3. Would you mind me asking how much you paid for these? I dont know what you would normaly pay and I want a rough idea. I plan to go to the BTS show next year and get more T's because I dont want to be ripped off. May be you could go back to the shop with her and ask them what she is. They should remember.

Leave a comment:

• Faye Sweeney
    replied
    I asked Sandy to pose nicely for some ventral pics and she obliged...
    sorry the pics aren't clear - the container isn't very see-through. I can try to get her in a clearer tub for pics if need be, but don't really want to disturb her til I know she's settled and eating etc.

Leave a comment:

• James Box
    replied
    you've made some great choices there!
    gorgeous Pokie and blondi, and the OBT seems to be doing what OBT's do best, lurking

i will be curious to see what that Pokie is...i went through all the species in the BTS galleries and nothing quite looks right!
    the front legs make me think of H maculata...lol
    Last edited by James Box; 21-08-08, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X