A. Geniculata eating a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Geniculata eating a mouse

My 5" female genic is a crazy beast. She's always willing to pounce on anything that falls into her tank, including the water dish when it's being filled. So i thought maybe she'd take a pinkie mouse, and she did!

Will probably take her hours to finish it, she started just before 2pm.[/img]
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

was that a live mouse

Comment

Frozen. Dont think it's legal to feed live vertabrate prey to pets, unless you can prove pet wouldn't accept any alternative.
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

it is legal to feed live animals to pets so long as they were breed and purchased for that purpose. In other words you can't go to the pet store to but mice to feed to another animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan
          it is legal to feed live animals to pets so long as they were breed and purchased for that purpose. In other words you can't go to the pet store to but mice to feed to another animal.
          Ah, i didn't know that, thanks.

Wouldn't want to risk a live mouse though, they can fight back, and i dont think it's worth the risk to the spider.

Comment

i shouldn't think a pinkie would damage a spider but it is less humain if you do.......... but then again pinkie mice are put into hypothermia.

Comment

Hi,

It is illegal in ireland to cause unessesary suffering to an animal. I thought it was the same in the UK
              Cheers
              Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan
                That is incorrect in the UK, it is illegal to purchase live mice or any vertibrate animal to use to feed another animal,
                just as it is for the shop to knowingly sell live vertibrate as food. IME T will thrive soley on an insect based diet with no need for such large meals as mice.
                regards
                phil
                www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

just stick to frozen to be safe then.

Are the giant spiders okay on an all insect diet? I'd have thought that a T.Blondi would need a meal a lot more substantial than even adult crickets. Or do you have to switch to adult locusts and so on?

Comment

Working...
                  X