Making sperm web ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making sperm web ?

Is this my pink toe making his sperm web? Ive never had a male before so this is all new to me lol.

http://www.youtube.com/v/upMxtt7oMKY The quality isnt great for some reason but if you goto youtube you can see it in high quality.
    Last edited by Stuart Lee; 19-10-08, 12:03 PM.
    My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Can't see the video for some reason.

My Collection:

Comment

You need flash player phil
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Maybe that helps, Quality is better too.
        My T's: Grammostola rosea, 2x Brachypelma smithi, Avicularia avicularia, Theraposa blondi, Cyclosternum pentoralis, Poecilotheria metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Baines View Post
          You need flash player phil
          Got flash player, the link just didn't seem to work!

Originally posted by Stuart Lee View Post
          http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p...1019075432.flv

Maybe that helps, Quality is better too.
          That one works for me

He looks to be charging his palps up with sperm, so you're looking at his sperm web, he's already deposited his sperm onto it and is 'siphoning' it into the palps. He should now be ready to go

My Collection:

Comment

Now for a hard Decision..... shall I let him go do his duty or keep him ?

I know he should go but if he does whats the best I can hope for, I aint bothered about the money or stuff, I just want him to do what he has to do..?

1. Can I have him back ?
            2. Can I have him back with half the money on the slings? lol
            3. Can I have a couple of slings and him back ?.

No really. I would like him back and a couple of slings and a bit of dosh of the slings lol....

That dont sound too bad does it? How many eggs do they have?

Looking at what I said sounds nasty, 1st off i WANT WHATS BEST FOR HIM. I had him and I wanna look after him soo, advice plz..

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Lee View Post
              Now for a hard Decision..... shall I let him go do his duty or keep him ?

I know he should go but if he does whats the best I can hope for, I aint bothered about the money or stuff, I just want him to do what he has to do..?

1. Can I have him back ?
              2. Can I have him back with half the money on the slings? lol
              3. Can I have a couple of slings and him back ?.

No really. I would like him back and a couple of slings and a bit of dosh of the slings lol....

That dont sound too bad does it? How many eggs do they have?

Looking at what I said sounds nasty, 1st off i WANT WHATS BEST FOR HIM. I had him and I wanna look after him soo, advice plz..
              If you loan him out, you get 50% of any resultant offspring, and generally you get the male back too

However, mating is always a risk and there is a possibility that he may get tagged or eaten by the female. Unfortunately that's the chance you take.

My Collection:

Comment

Two answers from me...
                Yes he's charging his palps
                Yes 50 / 50 is the way to go (although as Phil has said, there's always a possibility than he "may" not make it back to you, though if all goes well the resulting spiderlings tend to soften the loss in my opinion)
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Personally I've never bred before, only sent males out and a large AF L. klugi out for a couple of months. I'm reading up about this and I guess its the next stage for me. If people feel it could make a good introduction to breeding then I'm willing to give it a go with my AF A. avicularia. I'd definitely give the male back and either a few slings for you or the usual 50/50 deal. However successful mating doesnt necessarily mean successful sacs. Let me know.
                  My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

On a bit of a taxonomic note, with the present "messy" (horrible word sorry) situation of the Avicularia genus....measures should really be taken to establish that the male and female are of the same species / varient etc.
                    By this i mean that, for instance, along the length of a river the same species has a dramatic difference in size, proportion and colour due to environmental conditions when the two "furthest apart" examples are compared. Comparing specimens that are 10 odd miles apart there appears very little change, but there's still a difference to be taxonomically concerning.
                    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Id like him to do what male spiders do but I have a few probs, 1st off I dont fancy posting him. If some one lived close enough to fetch him Id deffo give it ago, I dont drive or Id take him to some one. 2nd is I dont fancy looking after loads of slings lol, Ive had one really small 1 c.m. B. Smithi that I had to feed micro crix for a while. I wouldnt mind a couple tho.

Any one close to Walsall west Mids who'd like to come and pick him up?

Comment

BTW, When I bought him he was listed as a Guyana Pink Toe Tarantula. Avicularia avicularia if this helps any.

Comment

Working...
                        X