• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

Stunning photo's
    BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

They are stunning pictures, and a beautiful spider. It makes me miss my versi, who sadly was a bloke so only lived for about 5 years. I got it as a spiderling so it was a risk but a real shame. I would love another one but they seem pretty hard to come by. I have kept all its moults as they were such beautiful colours and changed with each moult for the first few. Thank you for posting the pictures so we can all enjoy them!!

Comment

An old thread I know but worty of ressurecting!

I purchased A. versicolor today and found these pictures whilst doing a little research.

These are stunning photo's, so nice to see spiders in their native habitat. Mine has full adult colouration, but is barely 3 inches accross...is this the normal adult size for this species? I've found references to them being one of the smaller Avicularia, but no sizes given.

Comment

an old thread that i have never seen!!! lol. really amazing pics

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Groves View Post
            ... Mine has full adult colouration, but is barely 3 inches accross...is this the normal adult size for this species? I've found references to them being one of the smaller Avicularia, but no sizes given.
            From what I've read there are 2 types, 1 from Martinique and the other from the Antilles, the former being the larger. Hopefully someone can confirm. I have 2 at mo in adult colouration but 1 is clearly not an adult yet at approx 3".
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
              From what I've read there are 2 types, 1 from Martinique and the other from the Antilles, the former being the larger. Hopefully someone can confirm. I have 2 at mo in adult colouration but 1 is clearly not an adult yet at approx 3".
              Sorry but there only one A. versicolor endemic to martinique.

On Platnick's world spider catalog you can see that you can found versicolor in Guadeloupe and Martinique but that's a mystake. There is no versicolor in Guadeloupe.
              Last edited by Steevens DROGUET; 16-11-08, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X