Tarantula mix up at the stores!!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula mix up at the stores!!?!

About 8 monthes ago I purchased two new spiders to add to my collection a spiderling Pterinoculous species (orange baboon) and what was told a Cyclosternum Fasciatum ( think thats how its spelt). Anyway, lately I have been looking on many tarantula sites and have been looking at pictures and in my books aswell pictures of C Fasciatum and they looked nothing like the one I have, by sheer luck I unexpectedly came across a picture of my tarantula which is in fact a Chilobrachy F species (common called Indian violet tarantula). Not only is it a different species it is different sub family, different region of the world, in fact the opposite end of the world. I am not sure if the breeder who they received there stock from mislabelled them or if they were labelled by the pet shop on arrival. What struck me is how could someone get tarantulas so mixed up and mislabelled such as that. I wouldnt have minded so much but the pet shop I regularly visit is really good and very knowledgeable herpetologist enthusiasts. Ok given they have more interest and knowledge id more on snakes, lizards and frogs but the errors of the tarantulas were quite surprising. When it comes to selling tarantulas whether trade or private breeder care should be taken in this field. Heres a picture example. Has anyone else come across confusion like this?

I once purchased an avicularia avicularia... it turned out to be an avicularia versicolor. Try going back six months later asking for your money back............ it doesnt work

Comment

yeah well with live invertabrate in can understand not refunding but at there mistake it is a pain and can be very problematic when it comes to breeding ass increses chance of hybrid cross breeding and having problems with species

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan
        I once purchased an avicularia avicularia... it turned out to be an avicularia versicolor. Try going back six months later asking for your money back............ it doesnt work
        Wouldnt complain at that deal! versis are great!

Comment

Working...
        X